410 pistols

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

golden acres

410 pistols

Post by golden acres »

looking to purchase. Super commache vs rossi and ideas
thanks
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Re: 410 pistols

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

If you have the money get a TC. You won't be sorry. I have an encore and love it.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Jamie , I have a Comanche and works great. Pattern at 25 yes. Is approx 18"-24" . My only complaint is grips are small I made some larger ones and work great. I would buy another cannot beat it for the money.
Tom

TickTownBriarBuster

Post by TickTownBriarBuster »

Thompson Center all the way, had a super Comanche and hated it got the TC and don't hunt with nothing else. Worth the extra in my opinion.
Grand Victory Kennels
http://www.grandvictorykennels.com/
Home of:
Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge
FC Crystals Checkered Lilly
FC Huberts Blazing Blue Angel

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Yep the Comanche can't compare to the TC and the Rossi has rifle sights causing u a lot of money to switch over to a vent rib.
Contenderized

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

tc :D
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

same here. contender is my favorite rabbit hunting gun.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

TC Encore all the way

pztrailman

Post by pztrailman »

I had a Super Comanche I didn't like the gripe either. I didn't like the trigger guard. I couldn't shoot with a gloved hand. I couldn't justify the cost of the TC so I went with the Rossi and I think I got my money worth. I removed the pistol sights and bought a piece of aluminum from Lowes. I cut and drilled to it match up with the holes from the front sight I removed and put a shot gun sight on it. Gives me a nice sight picture for a running shot. I am posting a couple of pictures. I don't why the flash discolored the finish. You also get a second .22 barrel.

The front sight.

Dan R

Post by Dan R »

I had the same question a few months ago. I ended up purchasing the Rossi matched pair. I also looked at contender and encore. They are both nice guns, only thing I didn't like was ease of opening the barrel and the price. Matched pair is three guns in one. .22,.45,410 all for only $285.00. I am really happy with it and would recommend to others.

Thank you
Dan

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

Thompson Contender is awesome! Less to carry using a pistol and more challenging! I use 3 inch 4 shot and it works great!
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

Crow

Post by Crow »

I've been trying to find a encore .410 for a while. I'm wanting as short as I can find & stainless is preferred but I'd consider blued. I've got the cash & I'm ready to buy if anyone has one. PM me & we'll deal.

island hare chas'r

Post by island hare chas'r »

6 INCH JUDGE WITH A SCREW IN CHOKE INSTALLED AND LAZER GRIPS A SMALLER MORE COMPACT PISTOL AND HAVE MORE THAN ONE SHOT IF NEEDED

Jim Woods

Post by Jim Woods »

Dan, Where did you get your Rossi? I have not been able to find one around here.
Thanks,
Jim

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

island hare chas'r wrote:6 INCH JUDGE WITH A SCREW IN CHOKE INSTALLED AND LAZER GRIPS A SMALLER MORE COMPACT PISTOL AND HAVE MORE THAN ONE SHOT IF NEEDED
Who makes a screw in choke for a judge? And how would that even work they don't have any treads?
Contenderized