What would you pick to feed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Crow

Re: What would you pick to feed

Post by Crow »

bluemouse wrote:Very interesting subject but answer this question how come all these foods formulated a like cause some skin problems and others do not. Its like making a cocktail some like more whiskey than water and some like more water that whiskey, the only difference is one will make you walk funny faster.
That's how I'd pick. . . by proof :nod: :D

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

victor
BONE BOX BEAGLES

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

S.R.Patch wrote: You boys and your pack mentality only show your youth, but it does keep the board an ongoing soap opera... free entertainment... :lol:
I seem to remember a youth in his late 20's who is basically responsible for the Apple I and Apple II COMPUTER, I may be wrong but i think thats a little more technical than dog food. I would say the youth are the trend setters for tomorrow, could be smart to sit back and listen for once, instead of listening to the guy buying a ton of corn every year to feed their fat, dull coated hounds.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

S.R.Patch wrote:You boys and your pack mentality only show your youth, but it does keep the board an ongoing soap opera... free entertainment...
I DO IT LIKE MY HOUNDS..... SOLO OR IN A PACK :nod: :nod: :nod:
Either way they are going to perform good cause I feed VICTOR. LOL!!!
BONE BOX BEAGLES

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

likeemfast wrote:
S.R.Patch wrote: You boys and your pack mentality only show your youth, but it does keep the board an ongoing soap opera... free entertainment... :lol:
I seem to remember a youth in his late 20's who is basically responsible for the Apple I and Apple II COMPUTER, I may be wrong but i think thats a little more technical than dog food. I would say the youth are the trend setters for tomorrow, could be smart to sit back and listen for once, instead of listening to the guy buying a ton of corn every year to feed their fat, dull coated hounds.
Are you comparing yourself to Steve Jobs? WOW!

I'll be waiting and watching for your intellectual fountain to spring forth,...and good luck with those 1's & 0's. Say!, maybe you could help me with this Scent-o-Meter thingy I been working on... :confused: ... maybe if I fed my hounds victor I wouldn't need it... :biggrin:

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

S.R.Patch wrote:
likeemfast wrote:

I'll be waiting and watching for your intellectual fountain to spring forth,...and good luck with those 1's & 0's. Say!, maybe you could help me with this Scent-o-Meter thingy I been working on... :confused: ... maybe if I fed my hounds victor I wouldn't need it... :biggrin:
:lol: S.R. Patch, this is exactly what i mean about the old timers who think they know it all and say the young guys dont know what they are talking about, .... cuz, ............... It was Steve who invented the Apple I and Apple II computers but it was NOT Steve Jobs as you mention it WAS Steve Wozniak aka "WOZ" . Woz was the inventor of both the Apple I and Apple II. Exactly why some older folks should pay attention to the "packs of youths" as you mention and take note. Thanks for proving my point. Glad i could teach you something today, no need to say thanks.

The scent-o-meter thingy your working on im not familiar with, but hey, i am always willing to help the older folks learn something new so PM me anytime :D
Home of

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Please post some good side view pics of the hounds you've been feeding Victor ???

Thanks,
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

likeemfast wrote:
S.R.Patch wrote:
likeemfast wrote: I seem to remember a youth in his late 20's who is basically responsible for the Apple I and Apple II COMPUTER, I may be wrong but i think thats a little more technical than dog food. I would say the youth are the trend setters for tomorrow, could be smart to sit back and listen for once, instead of listening to the guy buying a ton of corn every year to feed their fat, dull coated hounds.

:lol: S.R. Patch, this is exactly what i mean about the old timers who think they know it all and say the young guys dont know what they are talking about, .... cuz, ............... It was Steve who invented the Apple I and Apple II computers but it was NOT Steve Jobs as you mention it WAS Steve Wozniak aka "WOZ" . Woz was the inventor of both the Apple I and Apple II. Exactly why some older folks should pay attention to the "packs of youths" as you mention and take note. Thanks for proving my point. Glad i could teach you something today, no need to say thanks.

The scent-o-meter thingy your working on im not familiar with, but hey, i am always willing to help the older folks learn something new so PM me anytime :D
:lol: I've seen the documentary, I knew of Woz, but it was Jobs stealth and cunning that took the project forward, that's the "bird that got the worm", capitalism at it's best.
Your attempt to "lead me in" only shows that arrogance that fails the youth & has been the down fall of many through the ages, believe it or not, we too were once young, but do recognize potential and foster it's development. It is the smarty-pants that are most enjoyable to watch learn. Remember those "time-outs" you used to get... :lol:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

bluemouse wrote:Very interesting subject but answer this question how come all these foods formulated a like cause some skin problems and others do not. Its like making a cocktail some like more whiskey than water and some like more water that whiskey, the only difference is one will make you walk funny faster.
I'd say, if "all hounds do poorly", it's the feed.
.........If only some hounds do poorly, it's the hound.

We've medicated and supplemented hounds for so long now that have poor constitutions and immune weaknesses, that it can't help but show in an increased number. Now that we've propagated the problem, reliance on supplements and special feeds makes corporations money and cost us money for where we've failed to do our part(cull out the weak)... jmho

island hare chas'r

Post by island hare chas'r »

PRIDE 26-20 PRO

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Purina Pro plan Performance 30-20. Purina Pro Plan Puppy, chicken and rice.

Mine look fine, run fine, and crap fine.....good enough for me.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Victor!
BONE BOX BEAGLES

bbg

Post by bbg »

Adding fuel to the fire... I work in a food plant (human not dog). Most of the brand names are just names. They are not producing companies. The food is made at the same place, in the same way, same recipe, and is from the same batch. The difference is the package and price.

jim matuszewski

Post by jim matuszewski »

i feed hunters specialty high energy 24% protein 20% fat with a raw egg ,I used to feed diamond in the maroon bag dogs did good on both $hit was loose with diamond , sometimes it's not the feed just the dog I have one here is almost impossible to keep weight on. has anybody else heard of hunters specialty ?

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

S.R.Patch wrote: :lol: I've seen the documentary, I knew of Woz, but it was Jobs stealth and cunning that took the project forward, that's the "bird that got the worm", capitalism at it's best.
Your attempt to "lead me in" only shows that arrogance that fails the youth & has been the down fall of many through the ages, believe it or not, we too were once young, but do recognize potential and foster it's development. It is the smarty-pants that are most enjoyable to watch learn. Remember those "time-outs" you used to get... :lol:
S.R. Patch, I didnt ask about the "bird that got the worm" but thats ok, nice recovery of the check tho. A+ for ya on check work with the recovery. Score that hound. Also I made no attempt to as you say "lead you in", you accomplished that all on your own. Ya opened early and often, me too'd and ran off game all in a matter of 2 minutes. That's a Minus score there, sorry.

Were gonna have to have your handler/trainer pick ya up after that one, no winners pack today for ya.

No time outs for me, i grew up in the day when ya got the belt. :whip: A time-out would of been a blessing.

Oh yeah, no Victor for my hounds, Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice Extreme Athlete at this time of year. Works for my hounds. Nothing against Victor, just cant buy it anywhere close to me, also happy with what im feeding.
Last edited by likeemfast on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Home of