Top Ten Hounds

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mark T

Re: Top Ten Hounds

Post by Mark T »

Casey Harner wrote:A dog I will never forget..... Ran hard and ran the front!!

ThreeJay's Jack Idol.
No disrespect Casey, but I judged at least half a dozen males from Jack's kennel and not a single one could hold a candle to any of these females I listed. Good dogs, but simply not the caliber of the girls. This was on LPH in the Northeast and Canada though, lot different conditions you have out there. That would/could make a big difference.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Okay????

Never said he was better than them.. .. I just remember him being a very good dog that ran hard and ran the front.... Adam and I ran some dogs and he was one of them. In the summer probably six or seven hours.. Not taking anything from what you said about your comments, but idol was nice. I saw what you were referring to on the three jays dogs and it got me thinking of idol.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

Right on Casey, I don't remember Idol, I think he was one of Angie's last. My point was, the males from the Shaker crosses were not even close to the females. I think Idol was sired by Striker. I remember when Jack bred her and thought it would be/should be a good cross. I think she only had 3 or 4 pups that litter. There were some tremendous running bitches from the 3 sisters and Shaker.

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

Mark my exposure to the Three Jays is a lot less than yours and Harry Jrs. Harry could tell us a lot about the Three Jays. IFC Three Jays Mad Max they say was the best male out his hounds. Yep ninja bitches and shaker made some tough ones some really fast some just sound and checky.

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

Steve, you will never see me beating the Mad Max drum. I'll leave it at that. I don't think he finished in the states, but could be wrong. If you want my opinion on him PM me. Harry could tell ya bout him too. Ace was a far better dog, IMO

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Mark T wrote:Steve, you will never see me beating the Mad Max drum. I'll leave it at that. I don't think he finished in the states, but could be wrong. If you want my opinion on him PM me. Harry could tell ya bout him too. Ace was a far better dog, IMO
What's sad is Ace was right down the road from me and I never used him. I guess stupid would be a better explanation than sad. Anyway, did you happen to see my Clyde Of Moonhaven dog run in trials or even judge him? Would like to here some opinions. Thanks! Chip Davis

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

Chip, I did judge Clyde. He was a very good hound for sure. His sister I saw more of, Bonnie of Moonhaven, i.e. Bonnie and Clyde. They both were outstanding, their mother was a littermate to Hoser as I recall. I didn't see him a bunch, but enough to know if that's the breeding you liked he was worth using.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Thanks for the reply Mark.

HBmudbug

Post by HBmudbug »

armandos trap , indian hills gus, prestiges captain, ohilco coal smoke, bad boy rhondo, tuff-e-nuff to be yers, High Bawlin Big Easy

huntinmup2

Post by huntinmup2 »

#1 NLPC IFC Rileys Rolling Trails
#2 Cedar Beck Oliver
#3 IFC Stoneyhill Gator
*Top Three*..stick to the line faster than any dogs I've seen and I've seen a lot of dogs run and watched them in videos, work out a track that 90% of dogs give up on snow or sod... and could literally take the rabbit from the whole pack and run it with nearly no brake downs....
NLPC IFC RILEYS ROLLING TRAILS 4 MILE KENNELS 4MK

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Most impressive field trial records (10 + win club)
FC Durham's Lily
FC Martin's Jump n Run Xena
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Tyke
Blackies queenie
Trails
Lacey
Cash
Xena
Lilly
Cash
Syris Magee
No particular order, these are hounds that I have seen run that we're very impressive. And one more that was really good Kimberls kickem up Kane. He was really good one day 102 degrees and he run like it was 60 degrees. Very impressive :nod:

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Tyke
Blackies queenie
Trails
Lacey
Cash
Xena
Lilly
Cash
Syris Magee
No particular order, these are hounds that I have seen run that we're very impressive. And one more that was really good Kimberls kickem up Kane. He was really good one day 102 degrees and he run like it was 60 degrees. Very impressive :nod:

huntinmup2

Post by huntinmup2 »

And I did run with swickerhills Cash... and was a very impressive dog at a young age.. To bad he died at a very young age.
NLPC IFC RILEYS ROLLING TRAILS 4 MILE KENNELS 4MK

cjones

Post by cjones »

No particular order but some the best I have seen run.
Grch Logan Elm Red Rambler
Grch Staten's the jokes on you
Grch Meade's Scooby doo
RCH sugar runs earth rattling ruby
Grch Lahti's super sweet
Grch country lanes black rocket
Grch fox creeks let's go jake
Grch turners double Duke
Grch grays bumper to bumper
Grch east Ridge black phantom
RCH Staten's Blue Bella
Grch Barton hollow lady bugz

There are plenty others and some other great ones I'm forgetting.
LPGRCH GBCH Saten's Big Time Bodie
LPGRCH GBCH Staten's Blue Honey
LPRCH Windy Ridge Boy Named Sue
LPRCH BCH BLK'S Little Girl
Staten's Up Front Ami