best dog food for trialing dog's ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

IndianMeadowBeagles

Re: best dog food for trialing dog's ?

Post by IndianMeadowBeagles »

Purina products all the way
" HE WHO RUNS WITH BEAGLES SHALL ENJOY THE HUNT "
indianmeadows@yahoo.com
http://www.indianmeadowbeagles.com
219-712-8769

HBmudbug

Post by HBmudbug »

VICTOR and if I cant get VICTOR then I feed VICTOR. if I ever switch, it will be VICTOR.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Victor all the way
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

With summer coming I have switched to the lamb and brown rice of victor. Dogs love it.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Casey Harner wrote:With summer coming I have switched to the lamb and brown rice of victor. Dogs love it.
Casey, I usually feed the 40lb red bag (24-20) yr round, then in summer months I mix a 50lb yellow bag( 21-10) and red bag together. I've heard lots of good feed back on the lamb/brown rice also. I totally agree with you ( dogs love it)

I know this thread was best food for trialing and you'll get a thousand diff opinions. Yes I know guys who trial that feed anything from Purina to the feed mill special, they all place dogs, but if you research on Victor,I believe you'll find you like it. Yes they are a 5 star dog food and at a very good price compared to others. You won't find it sold in wal marts, pet smart, tractor supplies, etc., cause they won't. And they don't have 20 some odd factory's spread out everywhere that make it. It comes from one plant. There main focus is on the food itself. Not sponsoring hunts everywhere or flashy bags or passing out hats, jackets, stickers. They just focus on the feed, not bad for company that's been around over 50 yrs.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

So for everyone of you that feed Purina it's ok to you that your paying money to a company that supports PETA and people that are against what we do??
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

:baby:

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

johns03272008 wrote:So for everyone of you that feed Purina it's ok to you that your paying money to a company that supports PETA and people that are against what we do??
I feed Pro plan can you site some references for your comments. I have seen the support and sponsorship that they put out for a lot of the dog events not just beagles but coonhounds and retreivers as well. If you can provide some statistics or references for your claim I would be happy to re think what I feed and also pass the information around to those that I know feed it as well.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

I fed Purina for years ,chow in the summer then Pro Plan in winter and for trialing hounds .Purina imo cater to the house dog the show dogs if you will they make the pounds smaller like 33 dollars for a 31 pound bag of feed and as Johns states it is true .I feed Victor now and I love it low stool piles and you dont have to feed as much .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

andrew_kirby wrote:
johns03272008 wrote:So for everyone of you that feed Purina it's ok to you that your paying money to a company that supports PETA and people that are against what we do??
I feed Pro plan can you site some references for your comments. I have seen the support and sponsorship that they put out for a lot of the dog events not just beagles but coonhounds and retreivers as well. If you can provide some statistics or references for your claim I would be happy to re think what I feed and also pass the information around to those that I know feed it as well.
Im still searching for the full blown article on NESTLE who owns Purina but here is a start for you.

Here is a little information on NESTLE who owns PURINA
Bundling all of these reforms together,” Pacelle said, “this announcement marks the most comprehensive and ambitious animal welfare program by a global food retailer to date. Nestlé is also promoting the global Meatless Monday movement,” Pacelle added, “via on-package messaging on Lean Cuisine products.”

Here is the link to the Nestlé article.

http://www.animals24-7.org/2014/09/08/h ... -producer/
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

????

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Here you go Wildcat and the rest, keep supporting Purina while they fund HSUS and PETA

Scoll to the bottom and look at 1 of their MAJOR funders

http://www.humanesocietymiami.org/about-us/faq/#2
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

rmhandy2

Post by rmhandy2 »

I have been breeding beagles ,gun hunting and trailing for 30yrs . I have been involved in the pet industry for 25 years . I currently sell both Pro plan, and Victor with other premium pet foods in Kokomo Indiana.They both are quality foods , gentlemen, read the ingredients they don't Lie .

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

johns03272008 wrote:Here you go Wildcat and the rest, keep supporting Purina while they fund HSUS and PETA

Get a life!!!

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

wildcatfan0309 wrote:
johns03272008 wrote:Here you go Wildcat and the rest, keep supporting Purina while they fund HSUS and PETA

Get a life!!!

What's the matter big bad azz now that the truth is in front of your face you don't wanna face it??? :bash:
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS