delete

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sbadger

delete

Post by sbadger »

delete
Last edited by sbadger on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

LR Patch

Re: females 64th day and no pups

Post by LR Patch »

sbadger , that will work but u alsogot to stick ur middle finger from ur left hand into her right ear 3 times fast !!!! Come on guys she have her pups when its time , u will also know if she needs help .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

sbadger

delete

Post by sbadger »

delete
Last edited by sbadger on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I'd say that if she's outside and the temp is in the 80's she/pups will be fine.If you have her in the basement and it's in the 60's down there then you'd want to have some type of heat source for the pups.
Anything you read regarding newborn pups says that for the first week the temp. where the pups are laying should be 85 degrees and you can decrease by 5 degrees the second week and another 5 degrees the third week.After that the pups will have develop[ed their own shiver reflex and can maintain their own body temp.Those first three weeks pups really don't have a "thermostat" that's working and depend on mom's body heat or an artificial source.
I wouldn't keep moving an expectant mother around day to day.Leave her where you want her to be with the pups and let her settle in there or she may become as anxious as you are.LOL.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Shady Grove Beagles

I'd say that if she's outside and the temp is in the 80's she/pups will be fine.If you have her in the basement and it's in the 60's down there then you'd want to have some type of heat source for the pups.
Anything you read regarding newborn pups says that for the first week the temp. where the pups are laying should be 85 degrees and you can decrease by 5 degrees the second week and another 5 degrees the third week.After that the pups will have develop[ed their own shiver reflex and can maintain their own body temp.Those first three weeks pups really don't have a "thermostat" that's working and depend on mom's body heat or an artificial source.
I wouldn't keep moving an expectant mother around day to day.Leave her where you want her to be with the pups and let her settle in there or she may become as anxious as you are.LOL.

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

sbadger, when you feed her does she scarf her food down and if so that can be another indicator of labor ( not 100% but in my experience around 95 % sure ) if she has been scarfing her food down at every feeding she isn't in labor, most bitches will not touch food within 24 hours of whelping ( again just my experience ) and most stay in back of the whelping box and won't come out almost like their scared or something. Keep checking her temp and when it hits 98 degrees or lower she will most likely have them in 24 hours, if she starts to show signs of stress then is the time to take her to the vet. Good luck with your litter.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

sbadger

delete

Post by sbadger »

delete
Last edited by sbadger on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Mine had hers starting at 3:30am this morning of course. Noticed green stuff on papers, not good, and after quite a while she started having it backwards and it was hung up pretty good. Finally helped her some and she got it out, not breathing no placenta. After holding it upside down for a minute or so it started choking out the fluid and starts breathing. Next two come out pretty easy with no complications. First one of course was the biggest pup, a male and then a female and another male. Seems like that might be it. Over an hour and a half now with no more contractions and she is resting with pups feeding. She was not huge to start, but I was guessing 4 maybe 5. She has thinned down quite a bit, but I still think maybe one more, but she isn't acting like it. Three would be the smallest litter I have ever had, but as long as they are healthy, that's ok. 65 days from first tie. Hope all works out for you SBadger.

sbadger

delete

Post by sbadger »

delete
Last edited by sbadger on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Check and see how much she has ate later on this evening and if she has barely touched it get ready, my guess would be pups by morning,also check her temp. 98 or below and I would say she is getting ready to go into labor.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

sbadger

delete

Post by sbadger »

delete
Last edited by sbadger on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

If she isn't eating she is getting ready for labor, I'd watch her close tonight.

sbadger

delete

Post by sbadger »

delete
Last edited by sbadger on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shady Grove Beagles

At 76 days and she's that big,I'd be having a vet. look at her.JMHO.

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

Just had one go 67 days. Had 8 healthy pups.
I don't know shizz about dogs.