Gay Baker Bloodline

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Gay Baker Bloodline

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

Don't see much of the Gay Baker bloodline anymore . What happened to this line of dogs ?
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

TnHoss

Re: Gay Baker Bloodline

Post by TnHoss »

They are some still around. I raise them and have 2 male pups for sale on here. Here is my page https://www.facebook.com/Collins-Lil-Ke ... 896274774/ sorry I haven't updated it in so long but I am fixing to add a breeding I plan on doing next week some time in the next few days.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

CASKEY'S KENNEL

TnHoss wrote:They are some still around. I raise them and have 2 male pups for sale on here. Here is my page https://www.facebook.com/Collins-Lil-Ke ... 896274774/ sorry I haven't updated it in so long but I am fixing to add a breeding I plan on doing next week some time in the next few days.
We had some about 15 years ago . Was just wondering haven't heard of any in this area . A man that lived in Baker, Louisiana had that bloodline . He owned Gay Demon .
Don't remember the man's name .
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

I raised several that are or were in Louisiana. Willis E Adams was the last owner Demon had to my knowledge.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

CASKEY'S KENNEL

[quote="TnHoss"]I raised several that are or were in Louisiana. Willis E Adams was the last owner Demon had to my knowledge
Yep that was him . Thanks
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900

CASKEY'S KENNEL

We running a different style hound now . Thanks
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900

drjjones87

Post by drjjones87 »

Robin Steelman in Oklahoma still has a straight Gay line of hounds. He competes in Progressive Pack and does well. They tend to be a little conservative for midwest most of the time. Robin will win almost every bench show that his dog is entered. Including the US championship.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

Years back a gentleman by the name of Bob Kirby,( I think that was his name) did a bunch of breeding of the gay line. His kennel name was Cheat or Chet Mountain. He bred a hound out of Demon named Chet Mountain Gay Bake.....bred him a bunch and they were rabbit dogs. No idea if he is still around.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Bob is still around but no longer in dogs. He bought a littermate to my old male and a daddy rabbit bred dog but his wife came down with a serious health problem and he let them go. His kennel was Cheats Mtn Gay and the male off Demon was Cheats Mtn Gay Bake, I have 1 grandson of Bakes and 3 granddaughters living and had to put 1 granddaughter down a few months ago.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Bob Kirby was an Attorney from B.Ala. and yes he is still around and he did buy a nice male from me back about 15 years ago. My hounds Are Not Gays, but I ran against them back in the mid 1990's

Like it was said they were very good looking hounds, and Mr.Frank Reese, from N.C. was the original breed of the Gays (I may not have Frank's last name spelled correctly?) He was a very knowledgeable Hounds-man, in his day.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

CORRECTION, Bob Kirby's kennel was Abbey Road kennels, I was mistaken. I had forgot he bought Gay Bake off Bob Black who's kennels was Cheat Mtn. Here is a short video of some 7 month old Gay bred pups of a buddy of mines. They are out of one of his females and one of my males https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjecSF ... ture=share

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Years ago when Frank,was still around I ran several of the Gay Bred Hounds,out of Gay Baker,Gay Time,Gay Demon and others I found they had a lot in common with Tom Dorin and the Little Ireland Hounds.Both these men were exceptional Houndsmen.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Gay and Little Ireland have a lot more in common that what most people realize.