The time is right. THANK YOU!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

The time is right. THANK YOU!

Post by BCBeagles »

Well some tough decisions to make over the last few years and months have lead me to a good place.

My last two hounds left here today. THANK YOU to all that I have met thru the hounds...truly the friendships mean more than the dogs ever will!!

The timing is right to step back and move on into other more important things for the time being.

This board has been a valuable resource for many houndsmen...thanks for the operators of it also.

So very fortunate to have met some great folks and enjoyed many good talks, hunts, and pleasure running times with many. It was truly a time in my life that I will not forget!! Not ruling out a return to action later on, but church, family, and work are priorities that are now the most valuable ways I can spend my time. The hounds are all well cared for in there respective new sites and I know just a call away to go hear a good race!

Good running to all and God bless!

Welshman

Re: The time is right. THANK YOU!

Post by Welshman »

Jim I have always appreciated your insights, knowledge and basic common sense on this board and when I called. We have talked and I totally understand your decision and commend you for it. Only so many hours in the day and our lives. Enjoy your family even though I don't think you had ever neglected them or your hounds. Anyway, I guess it will be up to me and others to supply the insights, and common sense to you on down the road and all I can say is I feel sorry for you already! Hah hah! Best of wishes and call anytime. Vern, the Welshman

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

Forgot to say, Happy Father's Day to you and every other father out there!

TRK

Post by TRK »

Sorry to hear you are getting out but I understand completely. I don't know how long ago it was when I came down to run with you and your dad but every once in a while I would think I should go run with them again but with work and family I just never made it happen. I hate to see good honest people get out. If you ever want to go hunt some time just let me know and I will be there.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thank you guys! Tom I may take you up on that. Still have a lot of good places to run so when season rolls around I have your number.

Vern...you are a good friend! I am glad you are getting Buster and the kennel!

Good running to all and take care!

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Jim
Sorry to hear you had to make this decision but I totally understand. It has crossed my mind a time or two with how busy Church life and Family life can be and unfortunately we all need to work. I enjoyed meeting you and the day we had running when I visited and just so you know I haven’t locked my keys in my truck since. If your ever in PA and wanna hear a race or two you are always welcome.

Take care of yourself
Bruce
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thank you all. I will definitely be reaching out to hear some hounds this fall. This decision has been coming for some time....it is definitely the right one. Everything will be gone in the next few weeks. All equipment and kennels spoken for on those that inquired.

Good running to all!

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Take care Jim . Thanks for the Buffalo Creek stock . It will always be in my kennel. I wish you all the best .
Garrett

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks for all the texts and kind words from the high quality folks I have been fortunate to meet thru these hounds!

Very humbling and makes this ending much more tolerable.....again...thanks and take care!

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

Well it was a pleasure to run with you Jim.

A bit of your influence goes in my dog box every time out.

Sammie's grand pups turned out pretty well with several doing well under the gun and on the trial bench.

When you get back in, I would love to run that steep cow pasture again.

Good luck.
Brian
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club