Run to catch

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Run to catch

Post by Shady Grove Beagles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Got a phone call today and very much enjoyed visiting with Daddy Rabbit.
Mr. Holcombe got through his hernia surgery and said that yes he's still pretty tender but doing alright and should be ready to go when gun season rolls around. If you've never met or talked with this gentleman you'd never believe he's got as many years under his belt as he does.He's like the Energizer Bunny.
He told me that the 5 month old pup that he got from me, in his words "is running like a grown dog and is all business about the rabbits".
Now Daddy Rabbit has a couple of enclosures to start and run pups and dogs so that sure helps but he is impressed with "Spitfire"
Hearing this report from a man who is in the Rabbit Hunter Hall of Fame means a lot to me and excited for him and the pup.
Hope to hear those kind of reports from guys that have the littermates.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: Run to catch

Post by Aubrey Holcombe » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:28 am

Yes Sir, "Spit" is making me Proud everyday. Love that little fellow!! I am hoping that he stays on the small size, for his age he is just about right. Nice looking pup sounds like a big Hound giving good Mouth. I have to stop running the pup in this hot weather.

When I have one that love the race like he does, hard to keep him in the Kennel. I am hoping that his litter mates owners give us an Up Date on them soon.

Keep looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia