Grade dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

young rabbit man

Grade dogs

Post by young rabbit man »

what do you all think about grade hounds i myself will hunt any hound that can put food on the table which i have reg. and grade dogs
wild about beagles

Emery

Post by Emery »

Papers don't run a rabbit. There are many grade dogs out there that are as good if not better than a paper'd dog with a FC in front of its name.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

houndsound

Post by houndsound »

I do think a registered dog runs a rabbit better then a grade dog can.

GENO

same

Post by GENO »

rabbit dogs don't if they have papers

GENO

same

Post by GENO »

rabbit dogs don't know if they have papers

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

thats right,theres absolutely nothing wrong with grade hounds.

Redtick

Post by Redtick »

Most "grade dogs" are pure blooded as any registered dog and quite possibly out of better stock. The are some "registered" Champions that I would not feed if they were given to me as a gift.
There are some folks that put false papers on grade dogs.
Dave Haugh
Lakeland Beagles
http://www.lakelandkennels.com

keith2210

Post by keith2210 »

houndsound wrote:I do think a registered dog runs a rabbit better then a grade dog can.
Was there any sarcasm in that reply? How does a dog know if he is papered? Papers don't run rabbits. Good dogs do. People here have already stated these things but I agree 100% with them. Not meaning to start anything but I just don't see how a papered dog can run a rabbit better than a grade dog. JMO.....keith

CAINCUTTER

Great Grade Dogs

Post by CAINCUTTER »

I have had some fine grade hounds.... While most of my pack is now registered, I remember many great days spent with a 6 pack of grade hounds.....

As previosly stated "Grade Hounds may very well be pure breeds without papers and a documented pedegree.......Harvey

This is a very old picture... The youngest hound in this picture is 14 months old. She is the only one I have left and she is now 14 years old. This pack of grade hounds could run bunnies from day-light to dark. None of these hound ever ran trash and this was before the day of e-collars for me.
CAINCUTTER: Rabbit Hunter Ex-Straw-D-Nair
Saucier Ms. Home Of Some Of The South's Finest Lemon and White and Red and White Beagles.
http://www.geocities.com/pawpawskennels/

coyote hunter

Post by coyote hunter »

Redneck that was a classic post (All grade hounds are pure blood) how can ya tell most times ya don't know the back ground of them!!!!!
Always Play after a storm life is great

houndsound

Post by houndsound »

Keith, yes I was being sarcastic. I just thought I'd put something different on here. This "topic" gets brought up so often on these boards and the same gratuitus responses always follow. LOL, there should be an automatic response from the web site........"dogs don't know if they're papered..........Best dog I had was a grade dog.........most grade dogs are great, some registered aren't.........blah blah blah. LOL.

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

I got a grade dog this past summer. and it cost me a six pack of Budwieser. I took him to a little pack hunt in maryland yesterday, and he was second with 210 points. He is arha regersterd. There is to many people out there that thinks if they does not have AKC papers the dog is worth nothing. (PAPERS DON'T PUT MEAT ON THE TABLE, DOGS DO)
Just my two cents

Catfish

keith2210

Post by keith2210 »

ok houndsound i figured you were but i wasnt sure. its hard to tell on the internet.....keith

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

if you dont like the post why do you keep looking at them

keith2210

Post by keith2210 »

wvrabbithunter wrote:if you dont like the post why do you keep looking at them
was that directed towards me? keith