dog thief(almost got mine)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Duke

Post by Duke »

In Ohio it is legal to carry a concealed weapon with permit when running hounds that are not pursueing furbearers. Furbearers are spelled out in the regulations and rabbits are not furbearers.

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

Duke, Thanks for that piece of information! I moved here to Ohio about 2 1/2 years ago, and am taking the CCW class in a few weeks. When I began to read the other postings, I thought there wasn't going to be much sense in carrying a pistol while running dogs if I was going to get ticketed for it! There are tons of Coyotes here where I run, and when I lived in Michigan, I almost lost a good pup to two Coyotes. One ran when I approached, the other one was a tad bolder, and I could have smoked him if I had a pistol with me!

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I think a special thanks are in order for "Steve" for helping out. I plan to call for his services should I be in a similar situation!