U.P. Hare hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

johns03272008

Re: U.P. Hare hunt

Post by johns03272008 »

Rob those are some great pics man!!

klrconcrete wrote:Its really not that sporting to shoot a bunch of white hare on bare ground, Too me any way. But, I understand it makes you and your dogs look good in all the pictures, and that stuff is important (to some people).
Who are you and what have you done??? If you had friends like Rob maybe you would want to share also but its apparent you do not so keep you concrete brain comments to your self, Nuff said!! Nice job Rob and James cant wait for that pup to get some of that, i need to get some dogs stretched out up there sometime!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

G ACRES IS THAT YOUR BLUE TICK I THINK IT IS WHO EVER IT IS ITS ANICE LOOKING DOG AS IS THE REST OF DOGS N THE PICTURES I REMEMBER ALOT OF HUNTS WITH MY DAD THAT WITH YOUR BOYS IS PRICELESS GLAD U HAD AGOOD TIME BIGDOGPACE DO AS MUCH AS U CAN WITH THEM BOYS YEARS FROM NOW THEY WILL REMEMBER AND A SMILE WILL COME ON THERE FACE . WHEN THEY SAY REMEMBER WHEN DAD YOU AND I WENT TO THE UP AND WE KILLED ALL THOSE HARE
BIGDOGPACE

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

Congrats to the boys! good shootin! bet them hounds are sleeping good after that kind of mileage.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Nice hunt guys ! :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

Nice pics and man those boys are getting big!
I commend you two on getting those boys off the couch and away from the video games.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Good job guys, if we are gonna keep the sport alive, we have to get the younger generation involved. Maybe one of these days I will make a trip north to chase the hare. :D
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

fjg2

Post by fjg2 »

golden acres wrote:This was my boys first Hare hunt and I do not believe he would have had as good time without the shooting. I my self have ran hundreds of Hares and thousands of cottontail without carrying a gun but to a 13 and 14 year old the smile on their faces when those hare drop is priceless. If it is legal and I can afford it, he can kill it as long as we do not waste it.

very valid point .........kudos

Budd

Post by Budd »

Nice shooting boys ;)!!!

Jim Stinnett

Post by Jim Stinnett »

Boys, I say "KILL IT & GRILL IT"!

Looks like the boys had fun & thats all that matters.

The USA needs more boys shooting hare on bare ground.

Then in the cities shooting each other! JMO
BRIAR BUSTEN BEAGLES
jstinnett@upgen.us
AKC & NKC REGISTERED BEAGLES
LAKE VILLAGE, IN
HOME OF: BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER
PCH CHAMPION / GRAND SHOW CHAMPION

Frank Pinker

Post by Frank Pinker »

Great pictures!! Keep them boys in the Field.
Frank

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Kill as many as ya want as long as your gonna eat them. Dont see where those ones from day 1 were cleaned yet tho.
Last edited by likeemfast on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

nice pics guys. looks like they had a blast. thats alot of miles on them hounds bet they slept good in the box.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

warddog

Post by warddog »

Nothing wrong in my opinion of taking some game, especially when getting the youngsters hooked on the sport which is most generally a result of it. The being able to bag the game is what originally gets the adrenaline flowing and I remember as a youngster it wasn't even about the hounds for years. As I grew older and had taken my share of daily bag limits I learned that it wasn't me so much as those little guys doing all the work. The bagging became less and less important as I was getting the same adrenaline rush from learning and knowing what the dogs were going through to get that bunny back to the gun. I would venture to say that minus the youngsters bagging some fur for the table, their trip(s) to the field would be few and far between as they could sit on the couch with a joystick in their hands in lieu of a day actually in the field with a good hound or two, their dad with some friends and the ole 410 single shot like I used to use.

Hard Driving Kennel

Post by Hard Driving Kennel »

Some of you guys crack me up with your negative comments. Every rabbit in this picture was cleaned. Likeemfast I think you need to write a book on how to process a rabbit. But first you need to take a math class or buy a calculator. On a two day hunt if you shoot a rabbit on Friday at one o'clock and then clean it on Saturday around 1 o'clock it is 24 hours not 48. When it 28 degrees out they will be fine. As far as your lessons on how to raise my son you can keep your mouth shut. My # is on page 1 if you don't like my comment.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Nice hunt!!