Type of feed?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ANTHONY KERR

Re: Type of feed?

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

Joseph J Murphy wrote:Southern States 24-20
Been feeding the Advance Sport 24-20 from Southern States, but the last few times I have bought Sport Mix 24-20. Dogs seem to be doing pretty good after 250 lbs.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Farm dog wrote:Rabbit tracks!
that was actually a good one. LOL
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

RAW diet. Dogs love it, I like the results.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I feed blue chicken & rice .
TheJohnBirchSociety

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

I've recently switched from Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice 26/16 to Sportmix Wholesomes Chicken and Rice 26/16 (similar ingredients). So far so good. I've had bad luck with feeds that had corn in them , so trying to avoid it.

However the Diamond just wasn't working anymore. Used for a couple years and something just changed. Dogs couldn't keep weight on and the more I fed them , the looser the stool got. Been through about 3 bags of Sportmix now , with much improvement. Unfortunately , it seems that no matter what I feed , after a certain amount of time , something ends up changing and I have to switch. Hope this one works out for a while at least.

I buy it for $30/40lb bag. That's $0.75 / lb. If prices start to get much more , I may switch to feeding meat from the supermarket as it goes on sale.
http://www.sportmix.com/dog/wholesomesC ... alRice.php

bigdog

Post by bigdog »

hi standard 24/20 orange

drcbeagle

Post by drcbeagle »

pride 26-18

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Despite the recalls and bad publicity, I have fed Diamond Premium to my dogs for well over twenty five years. Tried other brands and even different, more expensive formula's of Diamond, however I think the premium is by far the best. This post will probably illicit some negative reactions, however for me it is the food of choice. Fact is, there are many excellent products available today, some pricier than others. Whichever suits you and your dogs best is the one to go with.

briarhopper

Post by briarhopper »

Just switched a couple months ago from diamond hi-energy to pride black bag. The dogs like it and they look great.