Broken leg

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bmgreen91

Re: Broken leg

Post by bmgreen91 »

My dog got his leg caught up in a tarp and just today ended up chewing his leg off. Surgery was scheduled for Monday but he had plans of getting it off sooner. He seams to be in no pain and is jumping around, but the leg is getting taken off tomorrow morning so I'm in the same boat, we will see how he does.
Brian Green

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Big Mike :
When you say field trial, are they lure coursing trials or something different ?

Joseph J Murphy
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Joseph J Murphy wrote:Big Mike :
When you say field trial, are they lure coursing trials or something different ?

Joseph J Murphy

No sir, not coursing. Day time coon dog trials, dogs run a drag with coon scent. Mostly hound /greyhound crosses. I have tried coursing , and enjoyed it also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFx4MNfDiwY

the dogs in the video are full hounds....what I/we ran was the open class dogs of various greyhound crosses. Purse money at a big trial like Kenton or the Ohio Classic was in the thousands of dollars. While a small club trial paid 50 dollars heat money and 200 finals money.
Big Mike

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

My vet told me one time that all dogs are born with 3 legs and a spare. :bigsmile:

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

How is blaze doing???
BONE BOX BEAGLES

lebro

Post by lebro »

She is fine. Just got a new splint. It is tough keeping her locked up though.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

What's update on blaze???
BONE BOX BEAGLES

lebro

Post by lebro »

Well I'm the new owner of a three legged dog. She is taking to it well. I'm looking coward to running her in 9 days.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

Lee after i had my females leg removed it took about 2 weeks and now she can haul the mail. I think she is faster than she was with 4 legs! Her balance is pretty incredible. She jumps over what ever is in her way at the time. Good luck with her and cant wait to run our Tri Pods in a trail.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Lebro, I'm sorry about what happened to blaze and I hate it that she had to lose a leg, but I know she is a fine hound. Shoot, you never know, she might end up being the first 3 legged hound to make LPGRCH down at BRBC. Keep us posted BROTHER...
BONE BOX BEAGLES