Selling Out

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

likeemfast

Re: Selling Out

Post by likeemfast »

outrider66 wrote:IMO if someone posted something on here recently. week ago 2 weeks whatever and it is bothering you then maybe the
beagle board is becoming to much of a part of your life and you need to get out of the house more or something. what
you see on here shouldnt make you be negitive or knock another man or his dog. this is a forum called JUST TALKING DOGS !
not a soap opera! imo theres more talk on here about cookin rabbit than dustin 1st place ribbons anyway! no competition
just people.one stud dog,orjunk females or traders and selling out aint gonna change the breed. and you aint gonna save it
either! its always been the same thing and the only thing that has changed is the breeding stock is much better.time spent in
the woods training is imo the best thing one man can do for the breed ! dawg up ! train some ! live in the woods with them
it wont hurt ya !
outrider, obviously the board is more important to you since your averaging the same amount of posts as i am per month, as a new member. probably 300 of mine tho pertain to a stud hound that was used purely for profit and not for the betterment of the breed, which has your average well ahead of mine in the long run, so be careful when giving advice since obviously you as you say "need to get out of the house" yourself. Also i have not mentioned anybody's name or hound and have not knocked any hound.

The more talk about rabbit cookin than 1st place ribbons is simple also, obviously you cant understand it tho so i will explain it to you. The "SERIOUS" 1st place ribbon chasers and "SERIOUS" stud dog advertisers DON'T SAY WHAT THEY REALLY THINK" on here because they want everyone to like them. When you go to a trial ya dont want to draw a judge who is a buddy of the guy who you just bashed his hound or his kennel among other things on the computer, or say something negative about a stud dog when you also have a stud dog on the board that's up for stud. When in this situation you either compliment all or say nothing at all. This is simple logic, and i am happy to explain it to you so you can understand it. It's what nice guys like me do. If ya dont believe me, ...... look back at some old threads and years ago when "members" said things they now know they should not have they have been edited with just a dot (.) and what they actually said is gone. So yes, ....this board is as you said it wasn't at times, a "SOAP OPERA". From me, at least ya will always get my honest opinion, then either like me or not. I don't care.

Lastly, im not so sure as you say the only thing that is better is the breeding stock since there is so much talked about the hounds of the past. The Top 10 Running Hounds post, i will bet has more hounds listed that have been dead for years and years than present hounds that are actually on the ground. Why is that? I have my opinion, but that's not the question at hand. The topic at hand is me dispelling your alleged beliefs of what i need to do or not do or even say, which i think i have clearly accomplished for you. So since your ranking right up there with me in average posts per month i say "Turn off that computer man and get out of the house". Ya might actually learn something.
Last edited by likeemfast on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

@likeemfast How are you new member when you've been registered to the board for three years? Just saying lol

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

bigcfromrbc wrote:@likeemfast How are you new member when you've been registered to the board for three years? Just saying lol
lol, happy to answer that, i took number of months we both have belonged and divided by number of posts we have made to come up with monthly average for me and rider. Average is the same basically. Hope that clarifies for ya.

the "as a new member" part referred back to him
Home of

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

likeemfast wrote:
bigcfromrbc wrote:@likeemfast How are you new member when you've been registered to the board for three years? Just saying lol
lol, happy to answer that, i took number of months we both have belonged and divided by number of posts we have made to come up with monthly average for me and rider. Average is the same basically. Hope that clarifies for ya.

the "as a new member" part referred back to him
I could careless about post lol Just confused since I thought you said you was new lol

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

[/quote]bunnybuster88 wrote
Lickeemfast, im glad u have a select few u buy from. Thats great, but why do u feel the need to get on a public forum thats made for selling dogs and shame people? Since u have your connections maybe u shouldnt read out of the forsale add. Go ahead and cast your witch hunt and do away with that group of people. You may b surprised when the biggest number of people has left this board. Then you can post to yourself. B T W, in case you havnt figured it out yet, i could care less about your opinion.[/quote]

Bunnie, Havnt mentioned a name or a dog, who am i shaming? Do you know someone that i have offended? Tell me who that is and i will surely apologize right here on this board. Also this post was almost rolled off page 1 never to be seen again till a couple select few like yourself decided to revive it. Far be it from me not to respond to my couple fans, of course you being # 1. So give yourself a pat on the back and stop casting stones, cuz ya know i will pick it up and throw it back. Also don't kid yourself, its obvious by your constant replies to me that you do care, and im flattered. :blush: By reviewing your posts its funny how ya have a problem with this one since it was started by me, and not with similar old ones started by others. Could it be cause its just me you have isues with ???? I will have to get back to ya after i send a PM to my buddy GW, he may know.

Bye Bye Bunnie

Just let go :D
Home of

blitzen

Post by blitzen »

This thread is kinda funny-peculiar, likeemfast posts his opinion about how dog ads are worded and others post that they think people should be able to post what they want and sell how they want. These same people sticking up for the way ads are posted are being hypocritical though by telling likeemfast that he shouldn't post his opinion. I have no opinion one way or the other, it just struck me funny like. (peculiar)
I thought likeemfast was just trying to have a discussion he didn't drag anyone or any dog through the mud. I don't know likeemfast but think he is entitled his opinion just the same as the rest of us. It's funny how some try to stifle opinions that differ from their own. All that being said I do see his point. Like most of the threads I read, I just process and move on. Dave

Blue Chaser

Post by Blue Chaser »

blitzin, my opinion is I like your opinion in agreeing with the OP's opinion while other's opinions seem to be to stifle the OPs original opinion because it didn't agree with their opinion. :P :P

blitzen

Post by blitzen »

Blue Chaser-exactly, lol

Dave
Last edited by blitzen on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

I know what they say opinions are just like :moon: everyone has one.
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Don't seem to have a much time lately to get on here . But anyhow this post did catch my eye, I will admit I skimmed through it pretty quick but I think I got it ! likem' seemed to give an opinion of something and some tried to turn it into something it isn't , quite normal for them as I am familiar with their mentality, some are amazing short on comprehension , which means the more one writes the less they comprehend, and an escalation of the mis-comprehension generally ensues. I find it amusing to a point, and sometimes drag it out just for my enjoyment , even though I do feel guilty at times for conducting experiments on live humans. I mention it because a favorite subject or two of mine is involved in this post. But all of that aside I don't think I am guilty of poor comprehension when I put into opinion what Likeem' was saying, Follow me here, Some folks who seem to believe that anyone looking to buy a dog realize they if they are trying to sell one they are asking a " good " dog price for, they better have a good reason for selling a good one as who has too many good ones? Kind of like a guy selling a good lawn mower, I am going to be very skeptical of him if he still has a lawn to mow! So If a man still is going to hunt and run rabbits why on earth would he be getting rid of his good one? He probably isn't,( but it does happen for varying reasons,) so he knows if he is going to attract a buyer ( sucker) he is going to have to get rid of his " lawn" so to say, selling out! He is darn near constantly in a state of selling out because he isn't going to attract too many suckers if he is selling good hounds because he simply has too many good ones, not many will buy that line! Clear as mud? Now to save some the embarrassment of having me explain to them how they did not understand what I just said ( poor comprehension) I did not say that folks don't sell good hounds and that good hounds are not for sale. Likeem' I am surprised some have not accused you of bashing 57 Chevys, no bigger leap for them than what they have already made, I don't understand why some can't read plain English and understand what is being said but it is not a rare condition. I suspect that often- times some think you are pointing directly at them as they in the past are " guilty" of what is being discussed, kind of like the Preacher preaching right at You as you sit in Church!
Last edited by gwyoung on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

GW, as usual yes, you can read and comprehend. I feel bad for some, they just dont get it. Anyhow, i agree with your analogy and you hit the nail on the head with the "selling good hounds for a specific reason", wether selling out or whatever. I even asked the ones who disagree with me to tell me who i am so to say bashing and i would apologize but no response. Sam, Casey and Swampman all read and understood what i posted, then along comes Bunnie and thinks someone got a raw deal from someone selling out. Clueless for sure in more ways than one. It's always been about the dishonesty of the seller and his falsehoods why he is selling. That's all.
Home of

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Its nice to know you always give your honest opinion ! what stud dog is it that was used only for profit and not the betterment
of the breed ???

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

outrider66 wrote:Its nice to know you always give your honest opinion ! what stud dog is it that was used only for profit and not the betterment
of the breed ???
Lol, well, ............. in my honest opinion its not what this post is about therefore i will abstain from going there again. A little research on your part rider and you will find it. Take care Rider.

BTW, i took your advice and ive been OUTSIDE since 8am doing yard work, re-edging the landscape, cutting grass, and working on the french drain in the back of the house.
Home of