What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sanfordssj

Re: What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

Post by sanfordssj »

Reggie, Hurry Up Lady/Percy, Dingus, and just got my first Sundown female.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

matt c

Post by matt c »

Ron Conroe wrote:ranger dan, rander dan, ranger dan........................ :D

I have heard a lot of good things about ranger dan. Where can you get some of that???

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

i have Gay/ Little Ireland/Old Branko which works great great nose, endless bottom out standing line control and brains, also have some Old Branko/ Wells Timber great foot speed,great nose, brains and tones of hunt, Northway tons of hunt, brains, great nose and tones of grit, T-Rex/Branko cant tell alot about Old Branko/T-Rex cross yet they are still young but showing alot hunt and desire, Ranger Dan/Primetime has all of everything
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com

Gunslinger Beagles

Post by Gunslinger Beagles »

MY POST WAS NOT TAKEN THE WAY I INTENDED OR HOPE SO I DELETED IT.
Last edited by Gunslinger Beagles on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

Gunslinger Beagles wrote:I M NOT TRYING TO STIR NOTHING UP BUT I OWNED A DOG THAT IS OUT OF ONE OF THE BIG STUDS ON HERE WHICH WAS ALSO RANGER DAN'S GRAND PUP AND IT WOULD RUN AWAY FROM RABBITS. NO JOKE! IVE GOT IT ON FILM!!! I HAVE A FRIEND THAT LOVES THEM BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE ONE IF IT WAS GIVE TO ME AND ONE WAS OFFERED TO ME FOR FREE.JMO BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I COULD HAVE GOT JUST A BAD ONE OR ONE THAT SOMEONE BLEW UP. ONCE AGAIN, IM NOT THE KIND OF GUY TO START NO MESS, ITS NOT MY STYLE BUT THEY ARE SOME SORRY RANGER DAN STUFF OUT THERE JUST LIKE THERE ARE IN ALL LINES. JUST WANTED TO LET FOLKS SEE THE FLIP SIDE OF THE COIN ON THIS. LIKE ANOTHER POST ABOUT BREEDING PEOPLE BREED AND WANT THE NEWEST BEST THING. JUST GIVE ME THE OLD OLD STUFF THAT IS PROVEN AND TRUE AND GETS THE JOB DONE.
I have also got some bad apples out of the Ranger Dan line had one that had nose and the other one was man shy.... The sire to my Ranger Dan male is Cove Road Ranger he belonged to a buddy of mine before he got hit by a car Cover Road Ranger was directly out of Ranger Dan...the dam to my Ranger Dan male is Cove Road Midnight she is directly of Primetime/Garr Hill Jane...but i do agree with you some bad ones out of the Ranger Dan line i to have been there...
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

i guess ranger dan did not prove nothing when he was better beagleing top producer for 5 or 6 years in a row. :shock: one bad one and they are junk. not trying to start nothing though. :roll:

Gunslinger Beagles

ok
Last edited by Gunslinger Beagles on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

That same stud has produced some very nice hounds as all will fall short. I have a female off of that stud in question that gunslinger had mentioned and I will drop her with ANYTHING out there. She will hold her own. All in what you have seen in a line. I have seen some Ranger Dan hounds that I liked and some I didn't, BUT they would go look for a rabbit and run it pretty darn well.

In all lines you can scrape the barrel looking for the next big thing or invest the money and not have to sort thru the mediocre ones. JMO. :D

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

i could point out alot of bad ones, but that is not what the post is about. it is about what 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel.

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

Jack of all Trades, Paycheck, Round Pond Mr. T
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

rabbithunter30 wrote:
Gunslinger Beagles wrote:I M NOT TRYING TO STIR NOTHING UP BUT I OWNED A DOG THAT IS OUT OF ONE OF THE BIG STUDS ON HERE WHICH WAS ALSO RANGER DAN'S GRAND PUP AND IT WOULD RUN AWAY FROM RABBITS. NO JOKE! IVE GOT IT ON FILM!!! I HAVE A FRIEND THAT LOVES THEM BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE ONE IF IT WAS GIVE TO ME AND ONE WAS OFFERED TO ME FOR FREE.JMO BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I COULD HAVE GOT JUST A BAD ONE OR ONE THAT SOMEONE BLEW UP. ONCE AGAIN, IM NOT THE KIND OF GUY TO START NO MESS, ITS NOT MY STYLE BUT THEY ARE SOME SORRY RANGER DAN STUFF OUT THERE JUST LIKE THERE ARE IN ALL LINES. JUST WANTED TO LET FOLKS SEE THE FLIP SIDE OF THE COIN ON THIS. LIKE ANOTHER POST ABOUT BREEDING PEOPLE BREED AND WANT THE NEWEST BEST THING. JUST GIVE ME THE OLD OLD STUFF THAT IS PROVEN AND TRUE AND GETS THE JOB DONE.
I have also got some bad apples out of the Ranger Dan line had one that had nose and the other one was man shy.... The sire to my Ranger Dan male is Cove Road Ranger he belonged to a buddy of mine before he got hit by a car Cover Road Ranger was directly out of Ranger Dan...the dam to my Ranger Dan male is Cove Road Midnight she is directly of Primetime/Garr Hill Jane...but i do agree with you some bad ones out of the Ranger Dan line i to have been there...
I agree with you, there are tons of dogs out of certain bloodlines that aren't worth a nickle... but hey! if every dog was perfect we wouldn't have anything to complain about... But I will say this, if someone was to give or sell a dog out of Ranger Dan I would be all over it...Whats one man's trash is another one's treasure...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Gunslinger Beagles

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BREED AND FEED WHAT THEY LIKE. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. WE ALL HAVE THOUGHTS AND OPIONS AND SOMETIMES I NEED TO LEAVE MINE TO MYSELF.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Some things never change though.

When this question is asked most all hound men except the old ones will quote and pick from a studs line.

It always been like that.

When pups do good, its the stud did it and when they do bad its the studs line that gets it.

The Dams line, which is 50% full of studs is left out 90% of the time and I think it influences the pups more.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Dogs out of Pine Mt. Chester and Kingwood's T Rex mainly. Jimmy Abshire crossed in some Iron Eagle and it worked great. Will Mason crossed some Buzzsaw and it also worked great and I crossed in some double bred Lake Ogemaw Casey and it worked real well. I will always linebreed the Chester x Kingwood's T Rex blood though.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Alabama John wrote:Some things never change though.

When this question is asked most all hound men except the old ones will quote and pick from a studs line.

It always been like that.

When pups do good, its the stud did it and when they do bad its the studs line that gets it.

The Dams line, which is 50% full of studs is left out 90% of the time and I think it influences the pups more.
Thats why my post had Hurry Up Lady and Hurry Up Percy :D I like to build around females!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby