Woodstock Grampy

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: Woodstock Grampy

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Another Cross that lewis and john made was Fc-Windy Ridge Daisey,My memory is still pretty vivid as far as her ability to run a rabbit to death. She was my number 1 all time favorite hound to watch her run was poetry in motion . The bitch beat me as if i owed her money :shock: . I was campaining my Fc Bitch at the same time and she placed behind Daisey everytime we dropped, thank god the bitch finished so quick i finnaly got mine. Monster of a bitch on running a rabbit. She also was a grannpy Cross with superdog, shew i loved that bitch win lose or draw. I know John loved her also as she was a bluetick his all time favorite color of choice. Give em Hell Yankee. ;)
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

fulcount wrote:Chappy
you covered it all with they have heart statement they have to have the heart
or they have nothing going for them

Now I've read and appreciate the accolades laid on Granppy He was a great one
Was told he was too slow for LPH and if you read any of the few adds we put
in the book I said "I would like to have a whole pack of "slow dogs like him"
Pappy finished in 11 trials ,his last win to finish was on SPOR
He had 4 wins previous to that, LPH wins He won the first LPH Nationals in
1994 say what they will he cut up the front running over running Fc an IFC entered at that time
So I have put up with the negative comments from the neophytes for years but will say
the ones that have in the past put the old dog down were the ones who got their Asses kicked by a SLOW dog
I only offered him to the public because I know that bloodline is as solid a bloodline
there ever was in field trials Having judged many of them for a number fo generations
and he did prove us right on his reproducing ability Having produced 19 AKC champions
out of 13 different Females of various bloodlines Hard to say what he would have done if
we really exploited him as others have their FC
We are still Linebreeding from Pappy today and will continue to do so till the last bell
is rung
So I say to you the bloodline has not 'Dried Up" Just not running the trials we used to
Doesn't mean we don't have the hounds we used to

John Otruba
The proud owner of the late NTLLPCFC WOODSTOCK GRANPPY
Everyone take note of these words, as they were spoken by a TRUE HOUNDSMAN!

I have ran with Lewis a number of times, with the Granppy dogs and they have heart and desire to run a rabbit to death!
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Wicker's Beagles

Post by Wicker's Beagles »

Hey Jimmy,
Do you remember when I had a litter of linebred Superdog pups listed for sale earlier this summer.....?
Well, now they are 4 months old full of energy with lots of brains ... I will eventually get them crossed onto my Granppy line of dogs, all of these have the jump power, hunt, houndy mouths and run with a stride or gait much like a pace horse, they tend to run most tracks smooth with precision ....I absolutely hate a herky jerky idiot acting hound that creates most of his own checks and can't seem to lock on a track or drive it smooth with control ... these Granppy & Superdog lines of dogs often appear faster at running a rabbit or hare than most because they don't waste any energy while doing it....... They are Smooth with their movements by using their eyes, ears, and brains and have enough nose to stay locked on the line without creating checks..... The result is they can flat azz fly up & down these hills with more efficiency and endless staminia power....