U.P. Hare hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rich Brien

Re: U.P. Hare hunt

Post by Rich Brien »

Good shooting boys, Way to stack them up!!!!! Rob heading to NY in january last time there shot 42 cottontails and 3 squirrals!Had a blast, good eating and lots of beer.
Thunder Trails Kennel
LPGRCH/LPBCH CIRCLE N CASEY
LPCH RABBIT RIVER NICKIE

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

tiny timber wrote:. I still want to knows who's bluetick.
i believe thats robs dog out of pinnacle hill sport. he posted a pic of him last yr on sports stud page!!! Imight be wrong but it looks like him. either way its a fine looking male!!! congrads on the hunt fellas. cant beat family time in the woods.....

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Hard Driving Kennel wrote:Some of you guys crack me up with your negative comments. Every rabbit in this picture was cleaned. Likeemfast I think you need to write a book on how to process a rabbit. But first you need to take a math class or buy a calculator. On a two day hunt if you shoot a rabbit on Friday at one o'clock and then clean it on Saturday around 1 o'clock it is 24 hours not 48. When it 28 degrees out they will be fine. As far as your lessons on how to raise my son you can keep your mouth shut. My # is on page 1 if you don't like my comment.
HDK, no problem with the comment, it is your opinion, as i have mine. I should of not made any comment, but i did. I would call and apologize, but your buddy Schelling might be over and quite frankly no one wants to talk to him. With that being said, if you shoot a rabbit at 8am on day 1 and clean it at 4pm on day 2 it is 32 hours with hide and entrails still intact. Hang on a minute, gotta take my socks off, ........................ yep, 32 hours is right. Wanted to make sure i got the math right this time. Me personally, ... I have been cleaning rabbits, as many as i can legally harvest for 35years, actually about 39 cause i cleaned them for 4 years before i was allowed to harvest them, and have never waited that long to clean one. (that's just me tho and i will put it in my book on how to process a rabbit) Can i put you down for a copy?
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Likemslow--- i sent u a pm with my number in case you cant find it on my website or cant count that high!!! Got plenty people to talk to but maybe just maybe 1 more wouldnt hurt!!!

Rob once again nice pics and congrats on the hunt with James and the boys, im done posting on the thread
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Rabbit Fever

Post by Rabbit Fever »

Way to go, love it when kids have a blast its that fast pace that keeps their interest. I would have let my kids do the same.

Hard Driving Kennel

Post by Hard Driving Kennel »

Likeemfast there is no hard feelings towards you or any one else. Like Mybeagles said don't post if you can't take what everyone else has to say. I am the kind of guy that you can say what you want and I will say what I want and then we will shake hands and be friends. As far as the bare ground goes my 3 kids are involved in baseball,softball, basketball, cheerleading, and wrestling. The trip is planned around the activitys. There was 3 or 4 inches the weekend before and a bad storm coming the day we left, just happened to be bare ground that weekend. Oh and at 8:00 am the first morning the kids were still eating breakfast at the restaurant but I appreciate your concern for the meat.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

HDK, absolutely, I never did have hard feelings, and I don't care how many u shoot or the kids shoot, what color they are, or what color the ground is. It is about the meat, and processing what one harvests. (Not saying u did not) I hope they get many more chances to do it again this year. I'm all about the rabbit harvest as a simple plain old gun hunter.

Schelling, looked for that PM, but you deleted it before I read it. Can I assume it will b in my Christmas card?
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

The only hard feelings I have is not being invited. I have an 11" bitch that wants to show those 15" males how to do it.... :nod:

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

jimd

Post by jimd »

like mybeagles said only hard feeling is wasnt invited :D I could have run the video camera. glad you guys had a great time.Now we will be looking for more videos

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I agree with them
He could run the cam and
I could have brought the dog power ;)