what would you guys do

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

gus wrote:John
You talking about Pixels or Six Shooter?

Pixels you may be ignorant about beagles, but it appears to me you just want to stir. Surely anyone who can read, with all the written and video information available today, ignorance is no excuse. Hint: Bulletin boards are a great source of intertainment and opinions but you need a grain of knowledge to separate the BS from opinion and fact.
Gus,
That's swamper, not AlabamaJohn... :lol:
Swampers 9 y/o...j/k :lol:
Swamper, u big tattletale... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now mom gona whip us fo sure... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pixel got alot of showoil smell to her, not say'n it won't wash off with a little scrub'n of "Dawn"enlightenment.
swear I seen that girls pic on here long ago (hound gets happy tail on offgame scent... :mad:... bad dog)

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

pixels, early in this post i believe you wrote that you were looking
for info and knowledge about beagles. i really believe if you had
a question and ask it on this site it would suprise you how many
good folks on this thread would be willing to help you out.
i would have to say that the puppy mills around our country would
be a good place for you to start a good reckoning. i myself think
these are the beagles that you find in shelters and pounds. hunting
dogs are really to high strung to make indoor lap dogs out of at least
this has been my experience. hey good luck with your beagle education.
bwall
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

whiteriver wrote:pixels,
well he could be full blooded beagle with his color ,i know it is not a full picture , i was just ggoing off what i see .With no other color than black and white i just thought he looked like he was mixed somewhat.
OUCH Whiteriver,
Don't let them blackcreek fellas read this LOL!

Most blackcreeks you can recognize a mile away! They have a distinct black head and body and white legs. They like them the blacker the better.

Actually I have a little man female marked similar. There IS a little tan in her but only just a tad. She is mostly black and white.

The AKC standard states any hound color is acceptable.
ROFL was Charley Brown's Snoopy a purebred??? LMAO (Just funning)
Don't squat with your spurs on!

gus

Post by gus »

Sorry John and Swamper :oops: Senior moment.

Gbeagle

Post by Gbeagle »

Ya'll oughta be ashamed of your selves attacking like that the girl done apologized admitted her mistake . Now let her be and stop making these childish derogatory post . You would think none of ya'll ever made a mistake or put your foot in your mouth . Here it is you have a chance to educate and recruit a new beagler and ya'll setting up here showing your behinds. If you don't have anything positive or helpful to post keep your yap shut .That was the problem with this board before Bev cleaned house a while back maybe it's time to clean house again .

beerdrinking bob

Post by beerdrinking bob »

i dont agree with sum of the things said to pixel but to call her a beagler because she owns a house dog is a little far fetched. to own a beagle as a house pet does not make you a beagler it does nothing for are sport all it does is make her a pet owner.

FetchingPixels

Post by FetchingPixels »

AlabamaSwamper wrote:I need some more popcorn for this post.

Southern, how about popping me some loaded with butter. :lol:

Nathan, I was going to answer you question with my opinion, but after your little rant and name calling.....well, I got other important things to do. ;)
Believe it or not Nathan an I speak kindly through PM.

jimhorn, your analogies are funny.

whiteriver, not sure if you care or not but I pmed you a couple a more pictures of Jake, to see what you think. I can't think what he might be mixed with? Somebody saw a picture of him before and made the comment Border Collie.. Ummm.. That's just not possible. He only weighs 30 lbs if that, and when he weighed that wehn I first got him he was a little bit on the chunky side. Somebody when I got him said "he was a bit of a porker", but I think with all the walks and the limited food (yes I measure it out, i'm usually pathetic around here when people hear that because they have automatic feeders)..anyways he's slimmed down some and im happy with that.

Thanks to people that have shown me real kindess. I really do like this board and I think I came to the right people. I will admit that I have a question but I'm too embaressed to ask now regarding rabbit hunting.. I have asked privately a few people though.

six shooter

pixie

Post by six shooter »

pixie if you have a true question you really don,t have to pm it if you are ready to learn and not fight myself and many others will be glad to help. just ask your question and help will come. we can be hard to those who need it but will always help when needed.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Gbeagle wrote:Ya'll oughta be ashamed of your selves attacking like that the girl done apologized admitted her mistake . Now let her be and stop making these childish derogatory post . You would think none of ya'll ever made a mistake or put your foot in your mouth . Here it is you have a chance to educate and recruit a new beagler and ya'll setting up here showing your behinds. If you don't have anything positive or helpful to post keep your yap shut .That was the problem with this board before Bev cleaned house a while back maybe it's time to clean house again .
Rabbit Hunter On Line
GBeagle

There are lots of boards that are already ruled and regulated to death...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How 'bout it Pixel, you ever been on this board before and put your picture up? You sure look familiar...Maybe we could go back in the archives and have a look...

I don't believe there's a shy bone in your body, please do ask your question...We only want to help... ;)

I'll do you one better, if I'm wrong about your reappearance from the past, I'll apologize and ban myself from this board. If I'm right, you have to tell us why your really here...deal??? Make alot of people"s day if you get rid of me... ;)

FetchingPixels

Post by FetchingPixels »

Well Ok,

Here it is..

The last 2 nights we have seen a rabbit and my dog goes absoultely nuts, howling (ppl must think theres a pack of wolves outside their houses) & even growling a little. I have never seen this behavior out of him other then growling at a cat. But he tries like mad to get after this bunny, as far as cats he just stands their and growls. Does that mean he has been rabbit hunting before or is it just a normal natural beagle behaivor? I have asked one other opinion on this and they said it sounds like hes ran rabbits before. But it's like my happy go lucky Jake who's tail always wags even when in trouble, has his own agenda.. I can't explain it right but that's my question.

FetchingPixels

Post by FetchingPixels »

S.R.Patch wrote:
Gbeagle wrote:Ya'll oughta be ashamed of your selves attacking like that the girl done apologized admitted her mistake . Now let her be and stop making these childish derogatory post . You would think none of ya'll ever made a mistake or put your foot in your mouth . Here it is you have a chance to educate and recruit a new beagler and ya'll setting up here showing your behinds. If you don't have anything positive or helpful to post keep your yap shut .That was the problem with this board before Bev cleaned house a while back maybe it's time to clean house again .
Rabbit Hunter On Line
GBeagle

There are lots of boards that are already ruled and regulated to death...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How 'bout it Pixel, you ever been on this board before and put your picture up? You sure look familiar...Maybe we could go back in the archives and have a look...

I don't believe there's a shy bone in your body, please do ask your question...We only want to help... ;)

I'll do you one better, if I'm wrong about your reappearance from the past, I'll apologize and ban myself from this board. If I'm right, you have to tell us why your really here...deal??? Make alot of people"s day if you get rid of me... ;)

When I joined a couple guys asked to see a picture of me and I did put my picture up, but that couldn't of been more then 2 weeks ago.

LOL, believe it or not I'm quite shy in real life.

Don't ban yourself from this boad. I'm here to learn about beagles and try to give my dog the best life I can. If that's not a good enough answer, I'm sorry, but it's the truth. I guess I just don't know what else to say.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Take him out and see...even if on a long cord, if he's ran before or got it in him, he'll come to his nose and try to trail it, if he gives tongue while trailing, you've got yourself a rabbitdawg... ;)
Good luck with dog ;) ...Patch

Beagled1

Post by Beagled1 »

FetchingPixels wrote: And I think he's pretty much beagle, he's 15", so I figured that he was a hunting sized beagle because I thought the show beagles were the 13" but sees as I have a lot to learn. It doesn't matter what he is to me, just that hes taken care of & happy.
Pixels, both show & hunting Beagles can be of either the 13" or 15" variety. At the moment I have a small 13" Gay/FC Blue Banks Pleaser/Ace In the Hole hound who is only about 12" at the withers and 14-15lbs. Tiny little guy and 110% field bred ;)

six shooter

dog

Post by six shooter »

okay pixels sounds like your dog might have run before, there is only one way to find out take him out and see if he will run but 2 things to think about when a beagle is running they can be hard to get off the track just because you are ready to quit don,t mean they are ready to come in you may have to get in the brush and catch him. the other he might take a trash track which could be how he got in the pound to start with.

badlands

dog

Post by badlands »

nathan if you can live the fault your dog has keep her, this is just my view on things, but i will give a dog a fair chance but in the end i will put them down, i will not give or sell a dog with a serious flaw because we don,t need those bad genes in our breed. as far as giving them away many people will try to breed these dogs making more problems for the breed, as far spaying iam not going to spent an another 100.00 on a cull. so for me putting one down is the best option, this is hard to do but many times the best option. if we give a kid a dog lets give them something worth having, or a unstarted pup i hope someone helps the boy in texas on the ukc board sounds like a good kid.