What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

MasonsBeagles

Re: What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Pine Mt now Tri States, Reffetts, Perkins, Maple Valley, Vest's a little more than three but if I was starting from scratch this would be my first stops.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Bunnyblaster wrote:
sanfordssj wrote:What about TODAYS bloodlines! Everyone is posting about dogs that have been dead for years. Bottom line is the breed is faster and stronger today then it was 10 years ago in some of these top bloodlines. The Ninja blood is a solid bloodline, but when its now three or four generations back you DONT have the bloodline. You have a generic version that you hope and pray duplicates a line of hounds that competed a decade ago. How would a football team from the 50's stack up against todays athletes?

So what are some names from today's bloodlines that you would have in your kennel?
If im looking for a pup I'm lookking for something out of these females!!!!!
Today's top females:

World Champion Cinnamon Run Honey
World Champion and 2x National Champion Hurry Up Lady
World Champion Hurry Up Percy
World Champion Foxcreek's Peppermint Patty
World Champion Bruner's Amanda
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

sanford, what do you currently have in your kennel in regards to what bloodlines they go back to?
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Jeeps bloodline is ausable river, I have two pups out of him that are out of a line bred Dingus female. I have a Hurry Up female out of Percy, and I just bought a Sundown female to breed to Jeep. I have 5 dogs, and usually only like to keep 3 or 4. I would love to get my hands on a Honey female, but I'm already stacked with to many dogs. I plan on having two litters this year. One out of Jeep and the other out of my Hurry up female Storm.

my kennel is mixed with Jeeps line (med to upper med with big nose and confirmation), and the Hurry Up (fast and rough, run the front at all cost). I like speed, and nose power. So in a few years hopefully i will have a blend of both. Im after that "total" dog, and in a few years hopefully I will have a kennel full of everything I want :D

check them all out:
http://hollarback-kennels.webs.com/
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

sanfordssj wrote:What about TODAYS bloodlines! Everyone is posting about dogs that have been dead for years. Bottom line is the breed is faster and stronger today then it was 10 years ago in some of these top bloodlines. The Ninja blood is a solid bloodline, but when its now three or four generations back you DONT have the bloodline. You have a generic version that you hope and pray duplicates a line of hounds that competed a decade ago. How would a football team from the 50's stack up against todays athletes?

well since you dont think that the dogs from yesterday are as fast or strong as the dogs today??? then what 3 bloodlines from TODAY would you have??? Bottom line is i ran alot of trials 10 years ago (akc midwest),and i think the dogs back then were alot smoother an cleaner than the dogs that their running today,just curious on what your basing your opinion on???
Last edited by hard on a check on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

hard on a check wrote:

well since you dont think that the dogs from yesterday are as fast or strong as the dogs today??? then what 3 bloodlines from TODAY would you have??? Bottom line is i ran alot of trials 10 years ago (akc midwest),and i think the dogs back then were alot smoother an cleaner than the dogs that their running today,just curious on what your basing your opinion on???
Go to any of the world hunts and watch the speed of todays beagles (AKC, NKC, or UKC). These dogs all come from the old DNA, but the crosses being made today are putting more and more speed into the line. Notice i didnt say anything about being smoother. Slower dogs are usually smooth, now you have fast and rough dogs dominating trials everywhere. The trial guys are all breeding for Speed first!
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
McDavids KY Lucky Charm

hard on a check

Last edited by hard on a check on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

I didn't list any lines because I mainly have grade dogs that ya'll have never heard of. I do have registered too and I like ones with these in 3rd generation;

New City Screaming Renegade
Molly Leigh Brown out of the Rice line
They produced Skyview Cliff and he's what I like in AKC dogs.

Others are: Swartz Big Time
Red dogs out of Damrons Ruby Red Tracker.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Speed and control wins trials. I was a Marshall in a field trial and I got to see what speed and no brains will get you no where but a walk to the truck. In Midwest trials there are judges who want to see rougher dogs, then there are judges that want to see a smoother and cleaner hound. I am there are smooth dogs that can dominate little pack formats and some rougher dogs perform well and win UKC Performance Pack. If running a certain format you gotta get or breed hounds to win or do well in these formats. With said I like a smooth hound, clean and tight in the check. I like to see front runners make thos difficult turns and gear down to run the rabbit difficult conditions... A hound that consistently produces and accounts for their game will live her regardless if they are good enough to win a field trial. I want hair or hole dogs! Give me a gun dog and I will give you a Sunday dinner and your tummy will be full of rabbit.

I like Shooter Crosses with Striker, Omgenaw Casey, and OtterBrook bred. I also like the Gunsmoke and Lizard Creek Tadpole. Long live Hair or Hole.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

hard on a check

Harner's Hounds wrote:Speed and control wins trials. I was a Marshall in a field trial and I got to see what speed and no brains will get you no where but a walk to the truck. In Midwest trials there are judges who want to see rougher dogs, then there are judges that want to see a smoother and cleaner hound. I am there are smooth dogs that can dominate little pack formats and some rougher dogs perform well and win UKC Performance Pack. If running a certain format you gotta get or breed hounds to win or do well in these formats. With said I like a smooth hound, clean and tight in the check. I like to see front runners make thos difficult turns and gear down to run the rabbit difficult conditions... A hound that consistently produces and accounts for their game will live her regardless if they are good enough to win a field trial. I want hair or hole dogs! Give me a gun dog and I will give you a Sunday dinner and your tummy will be full of rabbit.

I like Shooter Crosses with Striker, Omgenaw Casey, and OtterBrook bred. I also like the Gunsmoke and Lizard Creek Tadpole. Long live Hair or Hole.

I agree 100% that speed and control wins trials,"well said Harners Hounds".

TrlBustinBeagle

Post by TrlBustinBeagle »

Since everyone is naming what 3 hounds they are basing the program off of I will say FC Brankos Hard Rock, IFC Brankos Heli Prop( grand daughter of him in my kennel so that is close enough with more grands to come), and finally IFC Brankos Warlock.
Hard rock throws the fast hard hitting dogs, with Prop you get nice level headed most of the time lol, clean hounds. Warlock from what I have and seen have very nice control with enough foot and brains to work it out right. Here in future gonna find out how Prop and Warlock mix. I know FC Brankos Smart Sammy is Warlock/Prop bred
Trail Bustin Beagles
Winners Train While Losers Complain

RIP:
Nr FC Juls Trail Bustin Hollie
Fld Wnr. JJ's Magnificent Maggie
Home of:
Trail Bustins Josie Wales
Trail Bustin's Magnificent Maxie

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

Near FC South woods spike, IFC Beavercreeks Blue Max, IFC Wapejo Hummer, and Green Creek Tuxedo
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

warddog

Post by warddog »

I'll agree with Ron Conroe,
RANGER DAN, more RANGER DAN and then a little more RANGER DAN then a little Round Pond Mr. "T"

Gary A

Post by Gary A »

Warddog,

For me its Round Pond Mr. "T" crossed with Mr. Bill. Heard you were at the running grounds today.
Gary Otte

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

rileys rolling trails , reggie, Blanks red cloud
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)