How bad u wanna WIN

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

toldyouso

Re: How bad u wanna WIN

Post by toldyouso »

He has a point and a good one. Old rules and have not been updated to make sport better. Once you get confortable and dont engage change as a positive but view it as a negative its just a matter of time when empires fall. How deep is that. LOL

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

In my opinion if you have a real problem with people measuring oversized dogs out of the trial it's because you've become way too complacent with breaking rules and think it should become the status quo, And want the rules changed to suit what you think is right. In my experience as a police officer I quickly learned that individuals who always obey the law have no problem when the laws are enforced. People who constantly break the law have real issues with laws and their enforcement.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Little Indian Creek

Post by Little Indian Creek »

I didnt relize breeding a 16 inch hound to a 16 inch hound had anything to do with hormones in chicken. Genetics will always have more to do with the size. I agree that size has little to do with running ability, but i would also agree that it sucks to leave your best hound at home because it is over 15 and then find that every body else is running theres.

chris83

Post by chris83 »

Dont know u matt or the person that had the dog measured or the dog that was measured, but will say this not only is it against the rules for running an oversized hound 15" and under is breed standard. The rule is there and it evens the playing field if you would knowingly run an oversized hound what else will you fudge, which goes back the post topic " how bad u wanna win". Id say this person did what most would like to do but dont have the balls to do and thats look the man in the eye and have his dog measured instead of getting on the internet and writting a post were there letting oversized hounds in the world hunt. If you let in a 15 1/4" hound why not a 17"
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

CHAD CAMPBELL

Post by CHAD CAMPBELL »

I think the point Matt was trying to make is that It was a coward move to try and get rid of competition at the last min in the finals. It is a coward move because the measuring system is not perfect and a full 15in hound(which is legal) can and will be measured on both sides of the 15in mark. Its almost impossible for anyone to come up with the same measurment even when when the hound is measured back to back by different judges. Or the same judge for that matter. If the hound measures out at the beginning of the hunt than so be it. To go to the finals and have someone try and knock you out is nothing but laughable. Its got fear wrote all over it. Mybeagles, No offence but the police officer analogy isn't really a good one. General rule of thumb is cops will never bother stopping you unless your at least 5mph over the limit.

Chris, I'm giving you the biggest Male in the litter now.
Last edited by CHAD CAMPBELL on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLEAR CREEK BEAGLES

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

Man it's not that hard to Understand. The dog was not OVER! Reading comprehension in not a strong suit for some.

Little Indian Creek

Yeah i guess i am assuming that this individual would have measured the hound if he had drew him in the first round. Chris1971 i totaly understand the hound measured in we are discussing why some one would have a hound measured.

SUNRISE10

Post by SUNRISE10 »

Wasn't going to get involved...But that was someones first chance to have the dog measured..Rules say before cast goes out..Go to Results & General Trialing ..World Hunt Results.. Look at pictures most of these hounds are 15 or close to ...Now go to # 2 Grands and tell me he doesn't look taller than the rest ...I would have him measured every time..
I will not be shamed to not calling a dog out..Ron

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

If you go back and read the initial post it had nothing to do with an oversized dog. Matt called chicken sh$t for even asking for the measure. This dog was a grand so he had been measured plenty times before. NO ONE WAS RUNNING AN OVERSIZED DOG! Someone was just hoping the man on the stick maybe measured a little different than the last 50 others before him. Here I will put JMHO so not to offend anyone and a couple of these :D :D :D Lets through in :dance: :dance:

Little Indian Creek

Well unfortunately there is only one way to make sure a dog has been measured and that is to have it measured at the stake, and if you did not drawl it until the finals then so be it.

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Just remember pics can be decieving! Look at the cover of the Jan issue my demon dog looks tall! He has never measured over 14 3/4 usually around 14 5/8. The Watch Dog committee Chairman measured this hound and you are going to tell me he is over? Thats funny! I went out and watched the finals and seen the one that won side by side and he was as tall as Rebel. Not saying either is over because they are not!
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

We need more women to measure cause if they were scared of an 1/8 of and inch none of us make the cut.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Imho, if you can't get the hound to measure out at the beginning of the day, your much less likely to get him measured out at the end of the day. As hounds are ran for a few hrs, they tend to drop or let-down in their stance due to the exertion of the work. It does sound like someone was looking for a break to get rid of the hound imho, but I thought this was the purpose of the pre-measuring or the "official card", a hound is to never be measured again in the same hunt after the pre-measure or the "official card" has been issued, due to the inconsistency of measuring and some hounds are so close to the mark it can go either way. The more times you measure, the more you open yourself up to scrutiny. As the new catch phrase goes, "once and done". jmho :hammer: :lol:

Rick Conley Jr.

Post by Rick Conley Jr. »

I could care less if the guy had the dog measured in the first round of the opens or the finals of the grands, according to the rules of ARHA it's his right, doesn't really matter what I think the move is, I haven't had another dog measured but I don't have a problem with someone doing it and I'm not going to bad mouth them if they do
Home of
LP Grand Champion Hollywood's Luke Duke

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I wouldn't bad mouth the person, it's more to do with keeping the integrity of the hunt for the club and not spend more time measuring than running the hounds and judging their abilities.
If rules are rules, then the "once and done" rule should be held too. jmho