Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

foxxy

Re: Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

Post by foxxy »

i got a male off showtime no amout of money could buy
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

foxxy wrote:i got a male off showtime no amout of money could buy
$10?
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

Casey now there you go again trying to temp someone with all that "Crazy Money!" Easy Dan i know that offer got to have you on the fence!

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Only if ya show up in dress and show lil skin
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

foxxy wrote:Only if ya show up in dress and show lil skin

Deal!!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

Out of what dam?
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Showtime was a really nice hound. I judged him twice; put a win & a 2nd on him. He had a knack for knowing when the pack would overrun, then would make the turn & be gone. I bred to him & the pups I saw run were awesome starting out, but became overcompetitive after a lot of packing. We had 2 wins on Silver Dove before she was 2 then she started swinging to the front & couldn't place. Scott Music had much better luck though with his cross to Showtime & his Easy Rider bitch. FC Pound The Ground Chance was probably the best male I saw by Prime Time. I saw him work a check for 15 minutes or so after the rest of the pack had given up finding it. Turns out the rabbit had squatted under some grass & we would have never found it if Chance hadn't kept working at the point of loss & jumped it. There are several Prime Time bitches that are producing field champions now. From what I've seen so far the Colonel Cobalt dog is going to be a producer; desire, nose , brains & looks are on his side.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Here are a few more hounds that I witnessed dominate a pack for a win other than Skunk, Chance & Time. FC JR's Top Gun Tyke, yes, I put 3 or 4 wins on him myself, FC Sunset Scooter, FC Blackie's T-Rex, FC Indian Hills Nighttrain, FC Wells' Silver Spring at White Water one year, FC Perry's Comeon Katie, FC Rehumes Blue Syris, FC Brent's Birchlich Chimer, FC Badger's Brush Bandit, FC Ross' Little Trapper, FC Pea Ridge Jedi, FC Martin's Jump n Run Xena, FC Talkabout Callie, FC Latimer's Shaker, FC Thomas' Sandy III, FC Branko's Rising Sun Mollie, FC White Oak Creek Jada's Bella, FC Ross' Roxie Girl, IFC Dewyse's Big Creek Judy, IFC Stoneyhill's Tamarack, FC Blazing Trails Blue Diamond, FC Durhams Lily, FC Abshires Junie, FC GMC's Primetime Peeka Boo, FC Alisha's Rabbit Running Molly, FC Branko's Cruise Control, FC Neels Vada, , FC Wells Woods Valentine, IFC Mark V Ace In the Hole, FC Branko's Lumber Easy Rider, FC Branko's Cool Nellie, FC Box's Samantha....... here I go again down memory lane ;sorry
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

WELLS WOODS wrote:Showtime was a really nice hound. I judged him twice; put a win & a 2nd on him. He had a knack for knowing when the pack would overrun, then would make the turn & be gone. I bred to him & the pups I saw run were awesome starting out, but became overcompetitive after a lot of packing. We had 2 wins on Silver Dove before she was 2 then she started swinging to the front & couldn't place. Scott Music had much better luck though with his cross to Showtime & his Easy Rider bitch. FC Pound The Ground Chance was probably the best male I saw by Prime Time. I saw him work a check for 15 minutes or so after the rest of the pack had given up finding it. Turns out the rabbit had squatted under some grass & we would have never found it if Chance hadn't kept working at the point of loss & jumped it. There are several Prime Time bitches that are producing field champions now. From what I've seen so far the Colonel Cobalt dog is going to be a producer; desire, nose , brains & looks are on his side.
timer was very level headed don't know where the over competitiveness came from . I will check out cobalt or maybe oliver. I sure missed showtime he measured out at 15 1/8 and that made me mad and sold him to gabe which was a good home for him he got the solo time he needed and the rest is history. I don't see anything for sale out of him so people must be happy.
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I could be wrong , but my theory about the overcompetitive trait may have come from Showtime's granddam , FC Perry's Comeon Katie. I think she was on both sides of his pedigree. If scent was good, you couldn't beat her because of her unbelievable speed, but she wasn't the type to gear down & really liked the front; at least that's what I thought of her after 3 or 4 times judging her. Like I said though , I could be wrong. It could have been something else. Colonel would be a good choice , but if I were set up to breed some hounds, Oliver would be incorporated in some way.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

main event`s beagles wrote:
Donnie's Rosie Oaks. I dont know her ped or anything about her

Out of what dam?
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

main event`s beagles wrote:
WELLS WOODS wrote:Showtime was a really nice hound. I judged him twice; put a win & a 2nd on him. He had a knack for knowing when the pack would overrun, then would make the turn & be gone. I bred to him & the pups I saw run were awesome starting out, but became overcompetitive after a lot of packing. We had 2 wins on Silver Dove before she was 2 then she started swinging to the front & couldn't place. Scott Music had much better luck though with his cross to Showtime & his Easy Rider bitch. FC Pound The Ground Chance was probably the best male I saw by Prime Time. I saw him work a check for 15 minutes or so after the rest of the pack had given up finding it. Turns out the rabbit had squatted under some grass & we would have never found it if Chance hadn't kept working at the point of loss & jumped it. There are several Prime Time bitches that are producing field champions now. From what I've seen so far the Colonel Cobalt dog is going to be a producer; desire, nose , brains & looks are on his side.
timer was very level headed don't know where the over competitiveness came from . I will check out cobalt or maybe oliver. I sure missed showtime he measured out at 15 1/8 and that made me mad and sold him to gabe which was a good home for him he got the solo time he needed and the rest is history. I don't see anything for sale out of him so people must be happy.
I saw him at Java at like his second trial still under 2 placed but didn't win but saw potential down the road. Later saw him at Edinburg LPH which he won that day.At both trials he was one the smallest dogs cant see how he measured out maybe i need glasses on that one hmmm? At Edinburg I was visiting friends running in the big male class went out in the woods to relieve myself by a tree up on knoll. The hare ran this dry ridge top in front of me I had pretty long marked line.Show time tongued the line through no other dog opened and he ended up winning. He really had matured into a fine hound and he went onto make a mark for himself Earnie Weir had him really looking good for that trial. It was not a high flying event but took concentration and nose to keep it going that day- I was very very impressed and see how he could throw some awesome pups.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I heard Showtime put on a great performance when he won the AKC Large Pack Nationals the same year he was BB magazine's Outstanding Hound of the Year. His sire FC Hill's Primetime Trailblazer also was BB 's HOY & a dang fine hound. Donnie & Peanut Willis had a super nice FC 15" female by Trailblazer; can't remember her name right off.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

ray s

Post by ray s »

WELLS WOODS wrote: Donnie & Peanut Willis had a super nice FC 15" female by Trailblazer; can't remember her name right off.
Rock Run Hard Hittin Hanna.

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

Xena-Jackson, OH Oct. 2010, Just had to be there.