Anybody been to drummond yet

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

andrew_kirby

Anybody been to drummond yet

Post by andrew_kirby »

Going to be heading up there in 2 weeks for the annual trip. Didnt know if anyone had made it up there yet and what the hare and wolf status was there. We heard a few last year in the plains but moved spots shortly after cutting dogs loose and didnt have any other problems. Hoping for another good trip with a lot of running. I don't shoot em just run them and hoping to run into the bugman again also up there.

Swampman

Re: Anybody been to drummond yet

Post by Swampman »

My annual trip is the last week of October.
Chuck had a wolf get one of his last year, but she escaped with some pretty big puncher wounds.
She was hard to catch, but she made it.

John is a great guy and one of the biggest bullsh•tters I know. ;)
If you run into him, tell him Rowdy says hi, I'll be by Chucks and see him the last week of Oct if he stays that late this year.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I've been on the Island alot this year mostly to play on the water and one weekend to build a new deck on the front of the cottage.
I did however take a couple of rides just to scout around, didn't see much but still had a good time.
I talked to the bugman on the 4th of July for a couple of hours,he stopped buy just in time for me not to go to the parade, which was ok with me. John bought the 80 next to him on the south side of his property. We always ran there anyways but after Rosie died, he wanted to make sure that we always could.

Godd running
Chuck

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

Thanks guys. Ya hopefully we avoid the wolves. Love the experience of the island and running hare. We stay out in the plains area at one of the cabins and its definitely the perfect vacation when all goes well. John and I were talking last year and I mentioned to him someday Id like to have a place up there and he was telling me about a place close to him on top of the hill he had said the lady had passed and the kids were selling or something of the sort. I wasn't ready at the time and wonder now if the place he was talking about is the one he purchased? Either way good luck and safety on your trips.

Bachman

Post by Bachman »

I'll be up there oct 10-13. Staying in same area you are.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I will be on the Island the 9th- 20 and then back again the 24th -Nov.2.

Andrew, John did buy the property with the house on the hill.

Chuck

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

We are heading up on Oct. 15th late. Staying til the 19th. Maybe see you up there Chuck. I think Jamie Golden remembers where your cabin is.

Brian
Eva's Beagles

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Brian, I'm sure you guys can find my place. Jamie has been there a couple of times and I know you have been there at least once. I'm on the U block and you guys are more than welcome to stop by.

Chuck

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

If anyone is headed to the Island this weekend please note.
There is a man hunt out there right now for a guy shooting at State Troopers on the Plains.
The Troopers were looking for another guy until this guy fired shots from a cabin.
Hopefully he gets caught friday.

for updates search 9and10news.com

LPB

allniter

Post by allniter »

LONE PINE ---the man in the cabin that fired at the troopers was found DEAD I just heard
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

Not sure if the dead guy is the first man they searched for or the second man that fired shots?

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

The suspect that was found dead was a 38 year old Marine from Woodbridge,Virginia
Police believe he was the only one involved.

island hare chas'r

Post by island hare chas'r »

THE MARINE WAS AN AQUANTAINCE OF DENNY BAILEY'S SON IN LAW. WHO JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT HIS WIFE WANTED A DIVORCE. HE WAS FAMILIAR WITH THE ISLAND BEING THERE BEFORE. WHEN SEEING THE BOARDER PATROL HE FIRED AT THEM ONLY TO HAVE BARRACADED HIMSELF IN A CABIN TO BE SHOT LATER. SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF BEAGLERS ON THE ISLAND EARLY IN OCTOBER, THE FALL FESTIVAL IS THE WEEKEND OF THE 10TH ALSO. BEAR HUNTING IS DONE ON THE ISLAND WITH 2 NATIVE INDIAN TAGS FILLED AND ONE WHITE PERSON TAG FILLED. THE DNR HAS TO REGULATE THE NATIVE TAGS THERE IS A POTENTIAL OF 5 TAGS EACH YEAR PLUS ONE WHITE PERSON TAG FOR 6 TAGS TOTAL, WITHOUT 20 BEAR ON THE ISLAND IN 3 YEARS THERE MAY BE NONE. WE CHASE THE HARE WHEN THEY ARE WHITE ON WHITE. :dance:

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

Gonna be heading out the door at 4pm tonight on our way to the Island. Won't be back til Tuesday. 18 dogs gonna be pounding. Couple of young dogs first time on hare, should be a blast.
Eva's Beagles

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

We had a blast wish I could spend more time up there than one week a year.