Matt Curry friends & readers of his stories

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

big w beagles

Matt Curry friends & readers of his stories

Post by big w beagles »

Matt's tent camp burnt down this weekend. All hunters and family escaped uninjured, but everything was lost. Matt writes for several beagle magazines and has written a couple hunting books. He is a lover of beagles and hare hunting. He is a true outdoorsman.

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Matt Curry friends & readers of his stories

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hate to hear that.Have read Matt's stories and recounting of many good times at their camp with beaglers from all over.
Especially a bummer with Maine's hare and grouse season just opened.Expect a lot of folks were looking toward their annual time there this Fall.
Glad to hear that no folks or hounds were lost or injured.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

Yea, I was heading up there in a few days. I had my hunting gear laid out, gun cleaned, and have been running my dogs about everyday trying to get them ready to run hare. I will really miss seeing Matt this year.

KPrice

Post by KPrice »

Glad everyone is OK, but I really hate to hear that. I have truly enjoyed Matt's stories over the years. He really painted a picture with his words. I would love to have visited his camp.

KPrice

Post by KPrice »

Glad everyone is OK, but I really hate to hear that. I have truly enjoyed Matt's stories over the years. He really painted a picture with his words. I would love to have visited his camp.

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

Matt is planning on having a new tent camp ready for next spring when they camp and hunt for moose sheds.
My son and I may still be going up and hunt with Matt if things work out with an alternative plan.