Mike Grosch R.I.P.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Mike Grosch R.I.P.

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Got a phone call early this morning that Mike Grosch from Readyville,Tn. passed last night.
Mike had gone to his tree stand on his property and had not returned to the house by 9:00 P.M. His wife could not reach him on his cell phone and called his son Blake to come over and go look for him.Blake and others searched and Blake found him at the base of the tree stand already passed.
They don't know at this point if he had a heart attack or fell out of his stand.Arrangements are still pending for funeral.
Mike was dear friend.We ran dogs at his place most every Thursday night for 15 years.We also took hunting trips together up in northern New Hampshire for hare,west Tn. for swampers and traveled to many A.R.H.A. Little Pack trials where Mike was a successful competitor and judge.
Mike was probably the most proud of the accomplishments of his GR.R.CH.Shady Grove's Patch male that won both the Tn.State and the Mississippi State and sired some very nice hounds.Mike also was thrilled when his old Cliff male won the Little World hunt.
Mike was a die-hard hunter having taken trophy bucks,turkeys,a bear and hundreds of rabbits with the beagles he loved so much.
Mike was also a devout Christian man and rock solid in his faith and a rock solid family man.
We will all miss him VERY MUCh but we know where he is and that is a comfort.
Please pray for his wife Jean,daughter Mary and son Blake and the rest of his loved ones.
Miss you ol buddy. Peace.
Dana Robinson
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

LR Patch

Re: Mike Grosch R.I.P.

Post by LR Patch »

Dang Dana , I sure hate to here that. I met Mike at a ARHA LP hunt at the Mid-State club in TN in 1997 when one of my gyps took 5th place & best female & best of show . He and his wife were quick to shake my hand and a very likeable guy. Ran into him several time at hunts after that around TN. His hounds were always in the thick of things and he knew them well also went out of his way to help the clubs as well as new trailers .
He will be missed sorely , prayers sent for his family.
RIP ol Pal ,
Randy
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Prayers for his soul and his family.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

o.m.g.... this is the first I heard of it... I just put a roof on their church .talked to mike he was working on land with some machine he had bought . yes he loved to hunt for sure.

wow I am blowed away
I don't know how to contact anyone of the family
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

Condolences to you and his family
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

just talked to blake on mikes phone . he sdaid the ratchet strap on his deer stand broke and he fell like 30 ft down..not sure about what cause death exactly ..but surely will be missed will be at woodbury funeral home at 2 on Friday .....
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Just spoke to Mike's son Blake.He said the strap on his tree stand had dry rotted and that that was the cause of the fall.
Visitation will be tomorrow [Thurs.] at the Woodbury Funeral home in Woodbury,Tn. between 4:00-8:00 P.M. The memorial service will be Friday at the funeral home chapel at 2:00 P.M. with burial following.
Please continue to pray for the family as this is one of those hardest of times.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch