Heating ????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DIXIEDOG

Re: Heating ????

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Chuck Prather wrote:Hound heater deluxe. We carry them at Plum Creek Kennel Supply. 330-256-0530. Thanks

Hound heaters work great, I have one in each of my dog houses. I've upgraded to all the heat n' breeze hound heater units that have heat and a cooling fan.

The beagles love it, young dogs take the cold fine but the older they get the less they can take. When they get 10+ yrs old they tend to curl up next to their heaters a lot, I've got a pair of old females (12+) that both curl up on each side of their heater and sleep for hours. Unless they are out running, eating or using the bathroom you know exactly where you can find them from October-April :lol:

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I use straw, feed them extra in winter and give them warm water. Their houses are insulated. Sometimes I'll double thm up too.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

I just throw straw in the dog house. Been doing this way 40 + years never had any problems feedem good all shots and worming up to date. They always seem happy and ready to play any time I am ready. I guess I will continue this way the few years I have left on this earth.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

WillyC

Post by WillyC »

My hounds have insulated houses, tin roofs, hound heaters with heated water bowls in their pens.

I have no issue with treating my hunting fur-buddies with some comfort, they work really hard for me and never quit in the dead of winter. :P
Hare 2day, Stew 2morrow

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

What swamp man said. I kept my dogs that way for thirty years. Now my kennels heated - but more for my comfort than the dogs...

Hollarback Kennels

Post by Hollarback Kennels »

Chuck, I cannot find the heater on your web page......Hound heater deluxe????
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
FWR Shawdowed Acres Blue Bazo
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Steve I will contact my website guy. I don't see them either. You can call me to order. 330-256-0530. Sorry and thank you!