Benelli Nova

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Barcus

Benelli Nova

Post by Barcus »

Does anyone hunt with one?

DIXIEDOG

Re: Benelli Nova

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I used to, they are a great shotgun the finish is better than my Reminton 870's and the action is considerably smoother. Mine never had any problems and I shot a lot of rabbits with it the only reason I got rid of it was I wasn't using it, I switched to a Magnum Research BFR .410/.45lc revolver several years ago for rabbit hunting and it's typically the only shotgun I use.

One thing to note though is if you're looking for a shotgun to do it all and you want to add a slug barrel later they are extremely pricey if you can even find one. The last one I saw for sale was $400 and if you heavily damage your stock with a regular Nova you'll have to live with it since the stock/receiver are one piece on them.

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

I have used the 12 gauge good reliable shotgun just a little to heavy for me other than that good gun.

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

Have the .20 Gauge 26 inch barrel like it a lot but... wish it had a 28 inch barrel with a little more reach. Mine has the synthetic stock not to heavy for me as some of the other Shotguns out there with the Wood Stock. Have kill quite a few bunnies with it.