wicked good day

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

wicked good day

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Tn. small game season opens statewide this Sat. 11/7 but throughout the state there are many WMA's that have different opening dates and length of season on them from the overall statewide regs. A lot of these WMA's are also waterfowl refuges along the many rivers and wetlands.Many of these opened today and are only open for two weeks. [11/15 ] and then closed to all forms of tresspass until the end of Feb. Got to let those ducks and geese have their peace and quiet ,I guess.
Anyways,went by myself in the pouring rain with my four females and absolutely BURNED THEM UP ! Running was just about non-stop. Had my limit in the back of my hunting coat and the girls were jumping and running all the way back to the truck.
Got back to the truck and was just as soaked as if I'd fallen in the river.I think the only thing dry was my socks.
This was the first gun hunt for my 8 month old female out of FT.CH. Threejays Jack's Fly Man and my Tess female and she sure is looking good.Really likes those dead rabbits too.
Gotta love it !!!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Hare Chaser

Re: wicked good day

Post by Hare Chaser »

All I can say is your a cruel, cruel friend!! What kind of friend calls a hunting Buddy while he's slaving away at work just so he can tell him what a day of hunting/running he's had, limited out on game and what a super job his young dogs ar doing? Then to top it off has to give the knife a twist and extra thrust by saying "hold on........they just jumped another one! Can you hear that?" Just wrecked my day!! I was green with envy the rest of the day!! :twisted:

Of course you know I'm kidding! :lol: Glad you're enjoying the fruits of your labors! Looking forward to seeng ya on the 16th!

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hey, what can I say? There's got to be some benefits to becoming an old guy besides just getting my Medi-Care card.
I guess running and hunting my beagles when ever I want has got to be it.It's a tough job but somebody has to do it !
Couldn't resist giving you the call while having such a good hunt.I end up running by myself about 95% of the time which I don't really mind but sometimes you JUST GOT to share it with someone.Miss you old buddy.
Will look forward to chasing a hare with you in a couple of weeks.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Dana , U better enjoy that honey-hole !lol Next year good lord willing and I have on surgeries as in the past 2 and 3 out of 4 I'll have vacation time left the 1st of Nov again I'll be there too ! Pretty good spot or was 5 yrs ago . Just be sure U stay on the correct side of the boundery line . Actually their is a couple 3 spots I hunt down there . The flooded areas will show u what kind of hounds u got as well .
I still need to meet up with u and run some there in Vonore , I hadn't ran there this year either . Are they still doing trails there as much as before or do u know ?
rv
WICKED PISSER
Last edited by LR Patch on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

Dana,
It is how you look at it. Pennsylvania opened on the 24th but I and my son were busy bagging Sika syags. So this past weekend 31th I went hunting with 2 new young out of the starting pen females. Well I had a split track. I asked my Amish buddy to stay with the pack by him and I moved to the pack up the mountain. I got close and they struck a hot line and took it up the mountain several hundred yards, until the mountain gets very steep. Two dogs came down at the break down but I thought more came back and the mountain was quiet. So I walk down the mountain and only 2 dogs had appeared (both don't run off game), so the others were running rabbit, they just didn't look for me after the loss. We are going to work on that. Now down in the valley I her the 3 (2 independent hounds and a pup) still running on the mountain. So I huff it back up, probably 3/4 of the way to the top. I am unable to reach them with my Trashbreakers. After waiting over 45 minutes I came down the mountain without dogs. An hour later the pup showed mup and a few more hours )just before dark) the other two showed. While I was huffing it up and down the mountain my buddy was having a great day. Rabbits running everywhere and he shot his limit. Me I was exhausted, never saw a rabbit, but returned home with all accounted for. I guess it was a good day, just not for me.