Falsified registration papers

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bartman357

Falsified registration papers

Post by bartman357 »

Has anyone ever dealt with the AKC to validate a dogs dna for its pedigree? I think I might know someone who is altering papers to make grade dogs appear to be of a different bloodline and registration! Don't know if it would be worth bothering with, or even possible? I just hate dishonesty and deception, especially for a profit!!!
Gives some breeders a bad name, who wants to buy a certified mut? Give me your experiences and thoughts. :angryfire:
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois

LR Patch

Re: Falsified registration papers

Post by LR Patch »

Happened in the Patch line I think in the early 90's , wasn't caught till bout 5 or 6 yrs ago . Guy posted or sent a pedigree to a hound . The owned of the sire saw the pedigree & new he had not breed his male to bitch as shown . The pup owner & stud owned got with AKC , and basically they said due to how long ago it happened they could not varifiy and let it go with no repermands . That guy is kin to me . I may not have all the details exactly correct but what AKC did & didn't do is correct .
Personally I would report it , would have this event if I had of know it . Can't and want put up with a thief or lier .
rv
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

bartman357

Post by bartman357 »

Well for legal reasons I will withhold particulars, but this too is in the patch line! To give you more of an example.[you own the bitch and the sire mate them, register the litter, when in fact, she was mated to your brother in laws grade male]. All to charge more for your almighty patch pups! To be honest, it burnes a hole in my a¤¤! Just wanting to get some opinions to insure that it's handled right.
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I'd report it to AKC....so much in beagling depends on trust....anybody who is dishonest enough to falsify papers deserves to be outed in my opinion. :nod:

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

bartman357 wrote:Has anyone ever dealt with the AKC to validate a dogs dna for its pedigree? I think I might know someone who is altering papers to make grade dogs appear to be of a different bloodline and registration! Don't know if it would be worth bothering with, or even possible? I just hate dishonesty and deception, especially for a profit!!!
Gives some breeders a bad name, who wants to buy a certified mut? Give me your experiences and thoughts. :angryfire:
Thats sounds like a guy here in Michigan on the west side of the state in zone 3 . He's A POS ! :loser:
TheJohnBirchSociety

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

If you can prove that ,Definitely call AKC we need to get rid of
the crooks that do that I believe this is happening more than we know
in this age of dog jockeys trying to make a buck
John O

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

I purchased a "patch" pup from a litter out of the south...long story short the Patch line was crossed with Bassett hound...
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

span870

Post by span870 »

JUDE wrote:I purchased a "patch" pup from a litter out of the south...long story short the Patch line was crossed with Bassett hound...
You got a "bagle" too. Mines not patch, it's tri. Wondering how you found yours out. Mine was discovered out of my only litter from my female. Wife thought they were such cute beagle pups with their ears being longer than the rest. Leads me to wonder just how many "purebred" beagles are actually. It's sad to say but unless you've bred the line through many many generations sadly you can't be sure and even then...

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Buddy please tell who the breeder was on ur patch / bassett pup was . These crooks need to be and must be outted to keep other folks from being screwed . Us breeders that do the right thing and aren't us trying a make a fast buck can't be afraid to name names , longs as we know we r speaking the truth , IMO . As I said in my other post here , was one of my kin folk that did wrong and I'm not hiding who it was as much as it is embrassing to me , facts R facts . Do the crime do the time .
rv
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

warddog

Post by warddog »

I believe that if it is able to be proven then it needs to be reported the registry that maintains so-called purebred records. I would think that any registry would be interested in this as they are the ones supporting their very business on "RELIABLE" records. Minus the assurance that THEIR registry is reliable those of us who use them as a basis of what we look for in the breed are back to the days of all GRADE beagles. YES fellas they all started from grade of really not knowing what was crossed with what and I agree with fulcount that this probably happens more than we care to admit!

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Not to be a smart a$$ , but wardog all animals , well all that I know or heard of would have started as grade , right ? I mean papers & record keeping as just one example came way after creature's . Not to even get into gene's , bloodlines ect. But maybe I understand why u stated that comment , recon some may believe otherwise .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

bartman357

Post by bartman357 »

Ok guys, here's the poop from the beginning. I decided that, I wanted to add the patch line dogs to breed and run with my Oakhill line. So I started reading and watching websites! Made contact with a couple guys. I thought I had a good deal worked out, then when it fell through, I moved on to the next best thing( I thought)! Got the dog home, ran it, did a little bit more research, decided the dog has to have Bassett hound in its ped. That got my feathers ruffled a bit! Made some more calls, got ruffled some more!!
To make a long story short, after talking to my attorney, researching the AKC DNA policy,( initiating a DNA investigation, requires a $500 deposit, by the accuser and if not substantiated will be forfieted! To verify by your dogs dna, both parents must have a dna #on file!) My dogs maternal and paternal grandfathers do, but after talking to AKC operations unit,that is not enough! So, I don't have enough proof or money to do anything about it!
That being said, I have to be careful not to commit slander!
so blank- it :censored: , chalk it up to experience! Thanks for all the opinions/advise. :loser: :loser: :angryfire:
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

If your that positive of a falsification of paperwork there should not be that big of risk. I understand AKC requiring a $500 deposit but AKC should send a representative to inspect the kennel and take DNA samples. If the dogs are found to be misrepresented, you should receive your deposit back and AKC should collect the money from the breeder. Thats not likely how it works but seems like it should.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Been there, AKC only cares about making $$, nothing more!
I had all the paper work in order, total absolute proof, they did nothing.

warddog

Post by warddog »

LR Patch wrote:Not to be a smart a$$ , but wardog all animals , well all that I know or heard of would have started as grade , right ? I mean papers & record keeping as just one example came way after creature's . Not to even get into gene's , bloodlines ect. But maybe I understand why u stated that comment , recon some may believe otherwise .
I guess I don't even understand your post because it appears you picked up exactly what I stated. YEP all animals originated as grade or without documentation of being pure of linage, papers were started by man via a registry that has maintained the records of past ancestry over a period of years so as to be able to certify the linage. MINUS being able to verify/certify that ancestors are TRUELY as described from the paperwork exercise then we are back to them ALL being without proper documentation so as to prove if the paperwork is in fact accurate. If the first few generations of any pedigree or genetics is NOT correct the entire linage is incorrect and possibly of unknown origins! The actual basis of any lineage must have come from some form of certified DNA from the beginning and I doubt nature provided that. My point is that without DNA certified paperwork from any registry we are at the mercy of what the papers tell use and like a lot of paper only documentation (without scientific evidence, much like an opinion) no one is sure if they are correct and therefore whether the animal is truly bred pure or not. The only thing that differentiates a registered animal from a grade animal is that piece of paper provided by some registry business. This also happens with people as well as some my think they know their ancestry but when they look into it they come up with some things that don't happen to line up, such as a babies daddy that isn't the babies daddy and the only people that know the real babies daddy are dead?