any body double up on lots of Jig cross

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

any body double up on lots of Jig cross

Post by dhoundman »

I have a chance to do it but I only had pup directly out of Jig and she was awesome . but that has been 10 or more years ago. What kind of dog was Jig.

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: any body double up on lots of Jig cross

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

If you want to know about Jiggs dogs you need to talk with Jonah Staten in Logan,Ohio.He probably knows more about that line of dogs than anyone, as he's been hunting and breeding them for years.
Back in the day Jonah had opportunity to spend time up in Canada with Ray Morrell [ Jigg's owner] running and gunning Jiggs and dogs out of him.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

you don't have his phone number do you

tdog

Post by tdog »

I have made some heavy crosses of Jigs and they are working out well. I have an old male who is a grandson to jigs with another shot on the bottom. I have made several crosses with him to heavy jigs females. I have two males from two of these crosses and both are doing well. They both have placements in AKC and ARHA not to mention are pretty good rabbit dogs. I would say if you have a chance to make a double cross of Jigs you should do it. Jigs blood is getting pretty old and hard to find. Give me a call if you want any specific info. Trevor 740-360-9317

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

Me and a friend has this male and like him a lot, years ago we owned Armando's Trap and loved him.
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

cjgrabhunter

Post by cjgrabhunter »

I am fixing to cross 2 linebred jig's dogs that come direct from Jonah Staten the male has been bred 3 times to same gyp and every one of pups is well above average hunting dogs guaranteed fixing to make cross to jig's female for the first time waiting on her to come in heat should be the real deal again best line bred jig's dogs around guaranteed ask Jonah he will tell you excited to make this cross

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

I cant speak for all heavy jigs bred dogs but I will say that the smartest and best handling hunting dog of any kind/breed. Ive ever owned is out of statens blue samurai a heavy jigs bred dog.these are hard hitters that run a rabbit with authority too ! :D