Jiggs cross to turbo anybody do that

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

Jiggs cross to turbo anybody do that

Post by dhoundman »

I see a lot of turbo out their and hear people say you can not get to much turbo in a blood line . So why is their not more people breeding closer to Jigs' with turbo pups that would seem better. does any one now how close is to close to turbo seams their are a lot of them out their so can not be all that bad.???????

outrider66

Re: Jiggs cross to turbo anybody do that

Post by outrider66 »

' I have a young male bred this way that I wouldn't price !!! but I don't think its any better than anything else out there of similar bloodlines !!!!!

Hollarback Kennels

Post by Hollarback Kennels »

Jigs breed back to turbo usually adds line control. Although every dog, and every litter is different, so with that being said this is what I have seen. If you want to put line control in turbo, jigs will do that.....if you want to add some foot to jigs, turbo will do that. From the pups I have seen you usually get tough med speed dogs with good hunt. Very solid dogs.

How far from Turbo are you looking at? How far from Jigs are you? There isn't very many Direct Turbo male/females left, so are you really breeding Turbo? The best "Turbo" male out there is Triple M's Code Blue II......he is double Turbo. Look in the General section for him.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
FWR Shawdowed Acres Blue Bazo
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

dhoundman
You mentioned that you had heard people say that "you can never get too much Turbo". I have heard just the opposite on this board.Can't remember the posting but there were several comments that were not in favor of close Turbo breedings.I myself have no personal experience breeding that way.
Jonah Staten's Blue Samurai is a Reggie son [Turbo ] and his dam is a straight line bred Jiggs female.Sam is a VERY nice hound and I think an exceleant example of what that type of breeding can produce.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

carl arn

Post by carl arn »

I have a son of samurai that is a very nice hound fast with control endless hunt

carl arn

Post by carl arn »

My male also jiggs ,jack of all trades on the bottom side

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

Everybody has their own opinion. I personally like the hunt and foot Turbo dogs have. I have seen some nice hounds that are double or three crosses of Turbo close. I think you have to be selective and breed for the traits you want first,no matter the bloodline. I think The Turbo bloodline speaks for itself. I think you would have a lot of hunt and line control with the Jiggs cross. We have had good luck crossing Turbo on different bloodlines. I personally breed the two dogs that have the traits I am looking for in the bloodline not just pedigrees.
TRIPLE M'S BEAGLES
LPGRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE II
LPGRCH BACKROAD'S AXLE
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S OL BLACK BETTY
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE CHANCE
LPRCH BACKROAD'S SIMBA

Hollarback Kennels

Post by Hollarback Kennels »

Glad someone brought up Samurai. He is the most well known Turbo/Jigs cross out there that will give you what you are wanting. I have never seen him or a pup go out of samurai, but a few friends fell in love with the dog. Everyone has an opinion of Turbo's, but once you have owned one that can lock on and roll you are hooked. I have been pretty lucky to have owned a few good ones. Turbo Super Sport was the best male I had, and now I have owned two great males out of Reggie. FC Reggie's Fast Cash, and Rock Ridge Hang on Snoopy. I screwed up several years ago and let a double turbo female go that could have won any trial. She ended up going to a hunter.....I also have a fast and rough Reggie female (LPRCH Wagners Turbo Lady) that I love.

Mike's male Code Blue II and Samurai would be two very good choices. The other option is to look at Turbo's sons and see if you want to come out on the tree. There are several nice males out there out of Reggie. Top Fuel, Fast Cash, Lucky, Switch, are 4 that I follow. Most of my females go back to Code Blue somehow. I'm trying to keep my kennels Reggie/Primetime as much as I can, but I don't think you can go wrong with Turbo/Jigs either.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
FWR Shawdowed Acres Blue Bazo
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

TBrabbitman

Post by TBrabbitman »

I have ran and hunted over statens blue samurai numerous of times the dog has it all. foot, line control, brains, and very rabbit smart. I liked what I seen in Sam so I bred my jiggs female to him hoping I could put some little sams in my kennel. I kept and started all 9 of them boy did I hit the jackpot I could not find one that I liked the best they had every thing I was looking for. So for your question yes it works. It was the best cross I have every made and I've been raising beagles for 30 years. By the way I've heard threw the grape vine the mr. Staten has 2 litters of Sam pups right now.
workin
for the man
Huntin when i
can

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

"By the way I've heard threw the grape vine the mr. Staten has 2 litters of Sam pups right now"

Shhhh!!
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"