mt state blue bud ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

transman63

mt state blue bud ?

Post by transman63 »

what kind of dog is he ? nose, hunt, speed, control. how des he produce ? and what was he like as a young dog.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

BCBeagles

Re: mt state blue bud ?

Post by BCBeagles »

One of the best hounds in the country.....bottom line. I have been fortunate to have run with Bud for several years. I believe my first trip down he was about 7.

He has nonstop hard hunt and knows where to look for rabbits. He has a nose to handle all conditions, I have seen him in heat, dry, cold, snow....you name it I saw it. He had upper medium to fast foot when I first saw him, but I am sure has slowed some with age. He is the closest dog I have ever seen with his speed...truly runs the line regardless of the pack.... makes running look easy and smooth...no jerky stop and go crap when he is locked in.

He finished in the Midwest in the 15 inch males...he is fast enough obviously.

I have also seen some nice hounds off of him, Bella, being the best....she is Bud in a female body. Bud throws a harder hitting dog than I like, but that is a personal preference. They are mostly fast hounds that compete for the front....many like that and he can and has thrown that.

A LOT of his pups have exceptional hunt...they like looking for rabbits.

horsrman

Post by horsrman »

I have 3 Bud pups, littermates that are 11 months old. All have extreme hunt and seem to hate a rabbit. Haven't soloed them enough to know what kind of line they hold. Few rabbits here this year.

teddy

Post by teddy »

Al, I've run dogs all over the country and have seen a few good field champions, brag dogs and everything else. Blue Bud is the best stud in southern Wv.. In my opinion.. His pups are more than impressive, and not just one cross.. I have watched top hounds from different litters. Liked him and his pups so well I bought one and a grand pup. Grit no quit hard hunting hounds. He is a credit to the breed. Jim Hall summed it all up.

m_blankenship

Post by m_blankenship »

Put your boots on bring your best dogs and run with him and see for your self visitors always welcome
M Blankenship

transman63

Post by transman63 »

why do you think more people have not bread to this dog ? :shock:
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

transman63 wrote:why do you think more people have not bread to this dog ? :shock:
He probably hunts too hard,dont swing enough and is not the flavor of the month!

Not many people gives a open invite to see not only the old dog run but pups out if him as well.

Mark and Lowell :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

Baldhead99

Post by Baldhead99 »

m_blankenship wrote:Put your boots on bring your best dogs and run with him and see for your self visitors always welcome
THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP!! That the best way to find out.

m_blankenship

Post by m_blankenship »

Booked 3 females this morning
M Blankenship

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

I HAVE PERSONALLY SAW THIS HOUND AND HIS OFFSPRING RUN HE IS ARABBIT DOG HE IS FAST ENOUGH HIS OFFSPRING RUNS LIKE HIM I WAS VERY IMPRESSED AND THATS NOT EASY FOR ME ON AMALE DOG .FOR HIS AGE HE WAS MORE THAN IMPRESSIVE AND HIS OWNERS MARK MR. LOWELL FINEST PEOPLE YOU WANT TO MEET
BIGDOGPACE

transman63

Post by transman63 »

thanks guys for the invitation and all the info. I will be coming down to see him in the spring. :dance: :dance:
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

beaglestotrack

Post by beaglestotrack »

I like that you guys invite anyone to grade your dog. Most will not do this
This tells me you have alot of confidence in this hound..
Too bad your not closer I eould try to bring a bitch too him

g_rabbitman

Post by g_rabbitman »

I got 2 blue bud puppys 7 months old they hunting hard and will jump and run there on rabbit

chris herpin

Post by chris herpin »

is mtn st black n blue bruiser in his pedigree?
chase em then waste em