Purina One.Anyone feed it?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Purina One.Anyone feed it?

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I know that Purina Pro Plan gets a lot of attention and have read on this board where a lot of guys love it/swear by it,etc.
Seven or eight years ago I got Purina to send me the print-outs comparing Pro Plan with One ie protein,fat,calories,ingredients,kilo-calories,etc.If I remember right there wasn't much difference between them.Except price of course.
Just wondering if many feed it and if so do you like the results?
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Hare Chaser

Re: Purina One.Anyone feed it?

Post by Hare Chaser »

I've fed Purina One and/or Pro Paln for years. No noticeable difference for me between the two. Purina gives one more point/lb. for the Pro Plan than the One.

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

My pups would eat the Purina One Puppy real good, but it seemed my adult dogs didnt eat the Purina One Adult dog food so well. Like they didnt care for the taste. Haven't tried it again for a long time.. I really like the Pro-Plan, but with 8 dogs it gets expensive. You can get the Purina One at Wal-Mart & other places so that helps, and it IS cheaper.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

I feed Purina true instinst. Turkey / venison, or salmon / lamb. They do well on it. Always a empty bowl, solid stool, I can buy any walmart,shoprite,
Also, when it permits, my buddy is a deer butcher, I'll take all the scraps boil with water , bbeef broth, do the same with goose meat, then add to dog food.