Snow Storm in WV

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mike Gibeaut

Snow Storm in WV

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Here in Charleston WV 12.5 inches and still pouring snow down started at 9:00 am and never let up. Everything shut down.
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Ron Conroe

Re: Snow Storm in WV

Post by Ron Conroe »

Your Cottentail won't run for a while.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Calling for 18-24 here, wont be seeing much hound work for a while.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

cmdawson5

Post by cmdawson5 »

Got a butt load here in parkersburg

WildWonderfulBeagles

Post by WildWonderfulBeagles »

I've got a full day of shoveling here in Dailey WV.

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I've not measured since the snow stopped. Had 11 inches around 3pm yesterday.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Eggs, bacon, homefries, and toast preparing, fire crackling, another foot to come yet, nestled in like a tight sitting rabbit.
Home of

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

18" this morning just came in from shoveling path to the dog kennel-sidewalk-cleaning top of my truck off, I would send up white flag and surrender but nobody would see it. notice path to dog kennel first and it is still snowing
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

He'll that's just another day in Michigan.lol

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Ron Conroe wrote:He'll that's just another day in Michigan.lol
:cool: :cool: :cool:

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

33 stinkin inches of snow, i dont care where ya from, thats a pile
Home of

billpapas

Post by billpapas »

Keep that stuff down there bare ground here in upstate NY.,we haven't had 5 inches all year!

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Bruce:
Seems you would be ready for them big Snow Storms up that way my now ?

Say I had a very nice fellow from MI. come visit me on Friday, and that Big Storm was coming on Down South. He had called me about a month ago said he was planning on that visit to next state over, but wanted to swing by and talk, some Gun Dogs with me. I wasn't actually expecting him to come, in that Storm. but Friday the 21st. about 10:00 here came this nice new 4x4 truck pulling up in my yard.. I greeted him at the front door and said come on inside, and shut that door fast, as it was mighty cold for Georgia!! First thing I said to this man, was Did You Bring All This mess with you from Mi.?

He and I hit it off, and we enjoyed that day setting by my Fire Place and talking about hounds. I was telling him that I at one time did a lots of Gun Hunting! I also like to take the young folks gun hunting, but I have a few Safety Rules that I go over with them On The Tail Gate, before every hunt.. I flat Do Not allow anyone Jump Shooting over my pack of hounds, Nobody shoot the first rabbit until all the hounds are packed up and they run it a little while to get them settled down and then I give the word, it's time to take it out, ,, I also like for everyone to make some noise, so we can know in what direction folks are stationed..

This Gentleman that was here said that he had a 2 year old male that was out of the FC Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane male, his hound was Lone Pine Poncho II talk like that was a mighty fine bloodline, make me sad to know about that accident, what a waste !

Well its bright and Sunny down Dixie Land this afternoon,, so I think I will go let some pup out, planning on loading up the Ol Kubota RTV 900 early in the morning and get some more pups broke to the 410, a little fur, in their mouth seems to set them on fire..

D.R.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

warddog

Post by warddog »

Dang, you folks please keep all that snow your way as we sure can NOT deal with that much here in southwestern Indiana. NOR do I want to. I retired from that four letter word "WORK" about 5 years ago and fighting all that snow just reminds me of it and makes me want to PUKE! 33 inches would be a nightmare that I would want to wake up from and it NOT be true!

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Warddog, nightmare is the correct word, had to hit a Rutters for more gas and the side roads are mostly still one lane. It's a real mess.

Mr Holcombe, oh I'm used to these storms but this is just too much for one snowfall. Not to mention the wonderful weather we were having up until this storm hit. I cleared my driveway and sidewalks several times during the storm. Just got back in from 7am this mornin. Seems several neighbors didn't think it was a good idea to come out till the storm was over. Needless to say some don't even have a snowblower. Funny to see my snowblower going in their driveway with only the top of the snow chute sticking out like the periscope on a submarine. Thinking SPRING!!!

Bruce
Home of