Who is Wayne D.Gross ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: Who is Wayne D.Gross ?

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Just my two

Here is my two (2) cents worth.
I think MR. Wayne, done went up to $6.00 bucks ?

Can't say as I blame him, he only does AKC and that is fine with me,, I am an old ARHA. fellow myself and doing my own for many year but on occasions, have called on Mr. Wayne He is a Top Shelf Gentleman, and has my Respect. I am sure he did raise his price last time I was dealing with him.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:

hERE US
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The only reason I had put in my two cents on this topic was, Wayne had contacted me about the English hounds i had brought over from England. He wanted to know their pedigree. I thought he was interested in the hounds so freely gave him the info. Afterward, I didn't hear any more from him. Then, I hear he is selling pedigrees and felt hurt he wasn't up front with me about his intent about the information. AKC doesn't have the records of the Association of Masters of Harrier and Beagles in England. I was voted a member of the Association and Mr Austin had sent me the pedigree information. I never intended to lay out kindness shown to me, for the profit of others, no matter how cheaply it was sold. Had it been presented with the truthful intent, feelings may have been different.
Anyway, this was 4 yr ago, it's done and life goes on. Happy Beagling!

Aubrey Holcombe

Mr. S.R. PATCH:

Mr. Patch read your post with interest thought you did a mighty well job explaining the situation. Wanted you to know that I stand behind your decision on this matter 100%.

The Patch hounds are a mighty well breed Gun dog, they are older than Dirt, and I always thought that, Old Willet Randal from way up North, in the (Never can Spell these Mountains) Adirondack Mountains WAS THE BREEDER OF THE Patches, at least these here in the Good Ol USA ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hi DR,
Yes, Randall was the creator of the patches back in 1896 registered with the AKC. He's been gone now for 50 yr (1970) and it's only through loyal breeders to the family that they continue on with representation of his philosophy and standards.
I've enjoyed raising these hounds the last 25 yr, and if the good Lord blesses me with 25 more, I hope to say they've taught me a little something.
Happy Beagling...

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

Patch, Were you able to get your English imports registered with AKC without a lot of difficulty? And have you bred from them? With your Patches?
Thanks

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

1896 wow
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Beagle Huntsman wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:02 pm
Patch, Were you able to get your English imports registered with AKC without a lot of difficulty? And have you bred from them? With your Patches?
Thanks
Yes, there is a foreign registry form you fill out, along with a picture of each side view of the hound and the tattoo identification. The AMHB & the ACK did correspond to get this done
I did breed them and got lots of calls from others wanting the same, but I took the doctors hypocritical oath to "first, do no harm" and turned them all down. I wanted to see how they performed and what they produced first before letting them out to the public. I may have been way under qualified for the task. I knew well, I wasn't going to get the packs best hounds. The old or the draft of the young entry was my only choice. I learned they, like us, have their faults also. It was an interesting experiment, I took lots of doubt from others and got little support. I crossed them with a patch dog and bitch and held on to a couple good ones.

Beagle Huntsman

Thanks. I went back and read some of our 2006 posts regarding the Clinkard Beagles to refresh my memory.

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

Wayne is well known in the Beagle circle and IMO does ONE HECK of a job. Used him for the 1st time he is VERY Old Fashioned--I called him gave him the HP # of the Sire & Dam & told him that I have NOT registered them yet as I was not sure they were "Keeper's" --He told me to put $12.00 (two Pedigrees) in a envelope and send him my return address + the puppies names and it would take about a week .-Mailed the $$$ out Thursday and received a call from Wayne Sunday eve asking for the pups HP #'s that he could do a nicer job that way.

NOW tell me AGAIN how he is getting RICH @ $ 6.00 a pedigree
If he does 1000 per year == $ 6000

Jim

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Wayne Gross is as honest a man as you will find and a stickler to details. He has built a database thats rival to anyone's and i have a pedigree program and use him to get dog information with no issues. Id rather pay him for the pedigree than spend hours and days searching.. Use him all the time for assistance.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Beagle Huntsman

Wayne has done an awful lot of good work for people for very little financial reward. I read SR Patch’s 2020 post above where he seemed to be upset that Wayne received English beagle pedigrees from him and might use the information to sell a pedigree (for $6!!). There are so few English hounds in this country that I doubt Wayne ever used the information.

Really, other than the Clinkard (English) pack hounds Patch had, and apparently kept to himself which he had every right to do, the other English hounds are in formal packs and thereby not widely accessible or known to the average beagler in America. This is why I doubt Wayne had much use for the information.

Aubrey Holcombe

it's always good to go back and read Old Stuff, that was of interest to me. i WAS PLEASED, to find this OLD WEB SIGHT WAS STILL UP AND RUNNING.

A good friend of mine, Mr.Dana Robertson was telling me that he, was not able to get this sight back up any longer?

So with this reply, I HOPE IT'S STILL ALIVE AND DOING WELL?

WE WILL ASSUME, IT'S STILL WORKING?

KEEP LOOKING UP?
Daddy Rabbit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rabbit Town, USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:

i

warddog

Post by warddog »

Aubrey Holcombe wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:22 am
Mr. S.R. PATCH:

Mr. Patch read your post with interest thought you did a mighty well job explaining the situation. Wanted you to know that I stand behind your decision on this matter 100%.

The Patch hounds are a mighty well breed Gun dog, they are older than Dirt, and I always thought that, Old Willet Randal from way up North, in the (Never can Spell these Mountains) Adirondack Mountains WAS THE BREEDER OF THE Patches, at least these here in the Good Ol USA ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:
I agree DR and it isn't even a matter or the point of what he provides but rather the matter of how he gets his data for free and then charges for it. I highly doubt, matter of FACT I know one can't get such data from AKC FREE. I do not know the guy providing the data but have seen numerous people asking for pedigree info and many people supplying them with it BUT they were using it personally and NOT to sell to others. YES, I also understand that putting it all together, printing it out etc takes time and money but so does obtaining the original data to begin with. I totally understand where S.R. Patch is coming from.

Beagle Huntsman

Patch didn’t say anything about paying for the English pedigrees. And at $6, Wayne is not making anything for his work. A non-issue in my opinion.

Budd

Post by Budd »

Im not sure if this is possible with the beagles but I go to a free website to look up Labrador pedigree's. Even shows health clearances.
https://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/