SPRING TIME ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

outrider66

SPRING TIME ?

Post by outrider66 »

On my way home from running this morning I seen a road killed groundhog ! I cant remember ever seeing one this early here where I live in ohio, I hope its an early spring !!!

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: SPRING TIME ?

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

My wife and I were out walking around the pond in the local park this afternoon after church and I saw a turtle surface,look around and go back under.
Was at the local barbershop yesterday.The three guys that own it are all really hard hunters.They had some hounds out on some hogs up in the mountains this past week and treed a bear that was out and about.
I know I live in the south but come on,this IS January after all !! Not complaining as I wouldn't trade this for the deep snow and below zero from when I lived up north.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

pztrailman

Post by pztrailman »

I am in northeastern Ohio. We had this tree frog on our dining room window during the warm spell in December. I also saw a robin Jan. 14, which the earliest I have ever seen. Wife said maybe it was dummy that never left.

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Ive had robins here all winter and saw rabbits chasing each other around like they are starting to breed been some big running buck rabbits here for the last week jumped a lot of doubles this weekend

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

Big River Beagles S wrote:Ive had robins here all winter and saw rabbits chasing each other around like they are starting to breed been some big running buck rabbits here for the last week jumped a lot of doubles this weekend
Wish we had big running were still under winters spell although this weekend was nice being in the 40s. Cant wait for spring running, got two pups would love to see go on a big runner or at least one that stays up.

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

In Eastern Ohio today, I had to pick ticks off the dogs. I have also jumped doubles and have had long running rabbits. I had one a couple days ago, run over 400 yards before he circled back and then went over 200 yards in the opposite directions, then got onto the township road and ran down the road before the dogs lost the scent.