RIP Darrell Philyaw

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rowco Beagle Kennels

RIP Darrell Philyaw

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

One of my best begging friends, Darrell PHILYAW passed away suddenly yesterday of pancreatitis. I first met Darrell in church and we quickly planned a gun hunt that turned out to be successful He, Johnny, and I enjoyed manny races where the dogs brought the rabbitBACk to the gun for a few years. Most of his pack was built around Indian Hills/Branko dogs that came from us. For the last few years declining health forced him to puT away his gun but he still loved a good rabbit race. We talked almost an hour earlier this week and planned to go to a large pen, and as he said it, "turn'm loose. He was an old time beagle man who went just for the chase. More than anything else he was a good man and a true friend. I am missing him so much this morning that my heart is breaking. I guess that last run will have to wait.I will see you old friend on the other sidE of the bridge. Bobby/Johnny (ROWCO Beagle Kennel)

outrider66

Re: RIP Darrell Philyaw

Post by outrider66 »

My prayers are sent ! I lost my best friend and hunting buddy for 37yrs in 2014 and it just aint the same for me anymore

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

SORRY BOBBY AND JOHNNY WHEN U LOSE THOSE SO CLOSE TO YOU IT REALLY HURTS GOD BLESS I WILL PRAY FOR YOUALL
BIGDOGPACE

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

Thank you Barry. As I said, Darrell was more than a hunter. He was a good Christian man.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Sorry for your loss Bobby...
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg