I've grown to HATE long ears on a beagle(humor)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

I've grown to HATE long ears on a beagle(humor)

Post by S.R.Patch »

That's right! All my puppies will have had their ears cropped and rounded at check level. This will prevent the scratches and ouchies they endure while hunting and blood loss will be cut(no pun) to a minimum.
This is just my preference and they won't get their ears messy while they eating, so there are only positives to this decision.
Don't call me if you don't want shorteared pups all you tire kickers... :bash:

sparky

Re: I've grown to HATE long ears on a beagle(humor)

Post by sparky »

lol :lol:
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

While your at it crop their tongues so they don't babble.lol

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Now mouse, you well know that ain't babbling, it's just their cold nose is so far superior to all the rest it just sounds like babbling... :lol: ... I will consider shorting their tongue to slow it down tho, but this will only be because of my own personal preference you understand... ;) ... so all you hot nosed tire kickers need not apply... :bash:

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

well all I can say to that is I anit gonna patch my pack.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Now mouse, these are my hounds and I ain't gonna but go so far to sell you a pup so to show you I mean business I'm taking you off my list of one litter and putting you on the list for the other litter, cause I changed my mind and am keeping all the pups from the litter you wanted in the first place and il'n ya give me any more lip I'ma gonna put you on the list of the litter I ain't even gonna make... so there! :bash:

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...
Attachments
IMAG0249.jpeg
IMAG0249.jpeg (26.83 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

See, if you crop and round them at cheek level they won't be get'n them ouchies.
I had some young hounds not quite that bad but their eyes and top muzzle were also raw.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Good stuff Charlie...I could see the benefits.....lol.

Hey man when you are picking on me you are leaving someone else alone....I am good with that....

take care!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hey Jim, don't flatter yourself, no wait i got a list...lol
Now get off my post, this is just for fun! got nothun to do with you.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Ok now ya'll got me to thinking bout all this crap. YEP, I said the nasty word and because I feed the best bang for my buck manyfolks seem to think it causes more crap. I am gonna put a couple stitches in all my pups brown eyes. I'm talking bout the ones stinkin not the one winkin as it will cut down on some of the stool clean up and be more sanitary. Ifin you don't want a pup with at least two stitches in the brown eye DO NOT call me bout one. Now, you may feed one of these high dollar feeds that makes no clinkers even though you are firing the boiler quite regularly BUT this is MY preference so all butt holes will come with at least two stiches. This in my opinion will be more functional and it will also not have any impact upon the dog meeting the breed standard. YOU guys that want to show them can still put them up on the bench as I have never seen any breed standard for butt hole size. It may cause some judges to question how tight a pucker your pup may have though! :lol:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Now Ken, you know the ones with the biggest buttholes are the best hounds, Bama John told me that many moons ago and i'm a believe'n . So yur stich or two shouldn't have no ill effect cept if'n they gets in the ground feed bin then katie bar the door cause the back-pressure liable to blow the fender skirts off the wheels... :lol:

warddog

Post by warddog »

I got to agree as my great uncle told me many moons ago that the best treeing coon hounds had the big brown eyes. Seems logical to me that if one would put a couple stiches in one and then fire the boiler with that good grain laced feed the back pressure would blow the top outta that tree. Now I suspect in beagles that would possibly cause babbling whether it was inherent or not! I guess one has to accept that there are some good as well as bad with everything the almighty put on this earth. I doubt he intended man to try to make it perfect when he knew man was not perfect himself! If he did then nature would and will remove those dew claws as well as shorten those tails. Hey, haven't we already seen that in some breeds already? It's not nice to try to fool mother nature so I'll stick to cleaning the so-called excess waste. :(

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

patch I anit much on this cutting and sewing hounds body parts but I will put some duct tape over one of sisaroo's nose holes to make it fair

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

The ugliest dogs are the best dogs.... :shock: :D
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10