Brains, isn't it time you got yours

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WELLS WOODS

Re: Brains, isn't it time you got yours

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Difference is, is that I make sure any 2nd hand info I repeat is accurate. Clearly, you did not if someone told you that Mid-West trials were only ran in the spring season.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

fastone

Post by fastone »

Turns out I was correct I did call him outrider was out in an area with no reception ,I spoke with him today and hes gonna come in a few weeks or so to get a taste :biggrin:
Rabbit Ridge Kennels,home of
RABBIT RIDGE Penny
RABBIT RIDGE Zoey
King Ralph's Dolly

We feed and recommend VICTOR feed.
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

WELLS WOODS wrote:Difference is, is that I make sure any 2nd hand info I repeat is accurate. Clearly, you did not if someone told you that Mid-West trials were only ran in the spring season.
Were did you get the idea I was typing 2nd hand information in the first place ? I made a mistake and admitted it ! you do have trials in
January !!! the national weather service says the high temp in Berea ky was 44 degrees on January 16 2016 , that's second hand information ! more second hand info I get
is that alot of the he said! she said ! stuff you type on here is not accurate !

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

I will be there fastone ! it sould be heads up runnin by then though ! gonna warm up

sparky

Post by sparky »

Outrider66: How many Midwest field trials have you been to?
How many Midwest field trials have you entered a dog in?
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

If the info didn't come from another source, you must have just made it up. Now you say I'm dishonest? Name one thing I've "typed on here" that is not accurate.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

fastone

Post by fastone »

Outrider really ? Heads up running then ? Ok dude it is suppose to be nasty wed or thursday or so next week we might go in the evening .Bring your best and although I hate snow lets pray for it .Oh by the way I ran Patience and a pup in morrow county this morning on a couple inches of snow they did well solid running for 3 hours . :eyes:
Rabbit Ridge Kennels,home of
RABBIT RIDGE Penny
RABBIT RIDGE Zoey
King Ralph's Dolly

We feed and recommend VICTOR feed.
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Sparky I probably haven't been to enough to be considered an expert houndsman ! I'm one of those guys that doesn't care about titles, ive been to more ukc & little pack
trials than akc ! again I'm not an expert but I do think LP runs every month in my area and akc has spring & fall trials in my area.and I have plenty of opportunity to go
to one of those if I wanted too ! LP would probably be the only format I could see dogs run in extremely harsh conditions in my area , I know they ran one here in sub
zero conditions here recently ( -3 at my house ) But sorry I'm a hunter that runs year round ! not a trailer. although I don't consider myself to be an expert I have been
foolin with dogs for 39yrs and as far as I'm concerned harsh winter conditions is when a dogs worth is proven ! even if they don't look like a million bucks I can get a
real good look at there skill set and make a decision on keeping a dog or not ! I would breed to ole Blue down the road ! in a heartbeat if he was the one that gets in done
to my liking in tough conditions ! before I would a titled dog that I realy don't know to much about ! jmo

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

fastone I didn't know I was going to give you a hardone ! lol you said in a couple of weeks so I looked up the 15day forcast ! and yes I agree running has been good !
And you offered to show me your female I realy wanted to see her by herself
Last edited by outrider66 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

sparky

Post by sparky »

You didn't answer the question. How many Midwest Trials have you been too?
How many Midwest Trials have you entered a dog in?

So let me get this straight, are you saying ARHA Little Pack has more trials held in bad weather than AKC?
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

why sparky ? whats up ? I'm not a trailer ! why you so worried about me ?

sparky

Post by sparky »

Why don't you tell me what's up???
You have made some bold statements about the Midwest..
Why don't you let us all know how many Midwest trials you have actually been to???
Where were they at??? What was the dates & years???
I'd like to know what your basing your opinions on???
Or if you really don't have any actual experience with Midwest Field Trials,and your just shootin off at the mouth?????
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Sparky I just threw that last post up there to keep you interested while I took a pup out for a stroll ! let me answer your questions for you !
#1 I went to one in 2010 or 2012 cant remember ? I seen some nice dogs run ! they looked like a pack of some pretty good dogs running rabbits ! As I would expect them too!
#2 How many trials have I ran a dog in ? ZERO !
#3 about little pack trIals ? you can find the answer to that in my post ! or you can research it yourself I'm not going too!
now if you want to know how many trials I plan to attend or run in the answers are zero & zero ! I'm just not interested I get more enjoyment out of running and hunting
a dog by itself than I ever would traveling around to trials . If I was going to spend a bunch of money traveling with my dog it would be on a guided hare hunt !

sparky

Post by sparky »

You sure could've fooled me,I would've definitely thought you had been to a whole lot more than just ONE field trial as a spectator 4 to 6 years ago.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

NOPE ! This kennel is centered around quality rabbit dogs ! And we keep on producing them ! No titles needed to do it !
I know a lot of other guys that run there dogs 250-300 days a year also , that never been to ONE trial ! but they kill a lot of rabbit/hare all season long !
Sparky I have dogs in OH,PA,NY,VT AND AL. that I'm in ownership of ! some of these are very good dogs ! Some are still young dogs