Brains, isn't it time you got yours

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

gwyoung

Brains, isn't it time you got yours

Post by gwyoung »

Pups out of- Computer with hair X barometric pressure patty. I expect these pups to be just like their parents, when encountering a track they will be able to tell you the barometric pressure, chance of percipitation, if the rabbit is traveling in a direction of a hole, the chance of it encountering thick brush,or an old barn. The odds of it encountering a predator, ( an therefore causing it to hole) sex of the rabbit, If female how many young it will have, sperm count if it is a male. they will immediately let you know if the rabbit up ahead is holed or not, as well as letting you know if you might need a raincoat! Most hounds when encountering a track only get scent ( Or not) AKC is in the process of giving out BC designations to hounds to go along with the FC designations. This is to designate Barometric Champions ( BC) PM me to book a pup.

Marktnhunter

Re: Brains, isn't it time you got yours

Post by Marktnhunter »

Will they come equipped with a thermostat so they bark on the track at the correct temperature LMAO!

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Marktnhunter, Some of the real big time breeders are able to put the thermostat feature on them, I am just a small kennel here and have not learned how to do it yet. I am going to get my AKC Judges License which should automatically give me that ability. The pups are only $500 each and hounds with the thermostat feature bred in will run you upwards of a $1000. Only two pups left!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Save your money folks as my litter is pound puppies and all you got to do is strap one of those high tech THOUSANDs of dollars gadgets YA'LL spent your hard earned money on anyway and get ya a pound puppy for $20.00! Turn them loose to run and play and the big buck, tech collar will tell you everything ya need to know. I hear now they are adding cameras to them just like these phones have so you can sit in the truck and watch it all LIVE streaming!

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Better yet, we should get one of those high tech collars and put it on one of gwyoung's dogs so that all of us would come to know what a "good dog" is. It would be like an awakening or an epiphany. A coming to the light of sorts. It would be the new standard in training judges in the field and on the bench. Any questions, just ask gwyoung because he is the center for beagle knowledge. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

An akc mid west Blizzard Challenge ! might be a coming to the light of sorts ! Also

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

outrider66 wrote:An akc mid west Blizzard Challenge ! might be a coming to the light of sorts ! Also
How so?

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Pine lacks, It is all in the dog food buddy. that is the only thing anyone needs to know or consider. isn't it time for another dog food thread!

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

gwyoung I got to tell ya ! you got me laughing my butt off ! ive been standing out in the woods laughing to myself and at my dog ! his new handle is( A computer with hair !)
the humor keeps me from culling him out! :D

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Pine Lakes wrote:
outrider66 wrote:An akc mid west Blizzard Challenge ! might be a coming to the light of sorts ! Also
How so?
Its simple ! when does trialing season start for Midwest ??? and when does hunting season start ????? which months would be the best time to promote a hunting dog ???
seems to me the Midwest is the only format that pretty much hangs it up when the snow flies !! but is highly tooted on this board as producing the best hunting dogs
there is . I would be willing to wager that many in the north think thats just not the way it is !!! my personal opinion is spring trialing doesn't prove anything about a
true hunting dog !! theres no telling if the faulty dogs you guys complain about might just be the one that you put in the truck first come hunting season ! Its very
possible that faults that went unnoticed in the spring get exposed in the winter ! theres probably poodles out there that can pound a rabbit in the spring time ! dosent
mean hes a rabbit dog though !

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Outrider, you need to read the list of Mid-West trial dates. Almost every weekend from September through May. The Championship Runoff is in January; the middle if winter. You might want to go watch a Mid-West trial also & see the quality of dog power it takes to place & win. You'll find out your second & third hand information is way off, just like the dates you thought the trials were ran.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

So what are you saying ? it takes an intelligent hound to handle running with a hard driving pack on snow with below freezing temps? without loosing its head ? C"MON
REALY !!! You are the biggest source of 2nd& 3rd hand information on this board ! you make it sound like these dogs never look like ( just dogs!) you wont hear me back
peddling or changing my opinion just to be humpin someones leg ! trialing & hunting are not the same ! go back and read terry mcbrides ad that laneline posted !!!

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I didn't understand any of that, but I will agree that Terry McBride was a great beagler & legend in many people's minds & mine. A lot of dogs that do well in Mid-West trials have his old bloodlines in them. FTC McBrides Fly-On Snowflake was probably his most famous hound. Terry made the comment that IFC Branko's Heli-Prop was the best hound he'd ever seen run. Heli-Prop produced 10 Mid-West Field Champions & is in the Mid-West Hall of Fame. I am not as familiar with Laneline, but have heard good things. Trialing in the Mid-West & hunting is almost exactly the same except we don't shoot the rabbit, but we do shoot over the hounds to test for gun shyness. No matter what the weather or conditions, the hounds that perform the best that day will place & win if it is done right. I would say it takes even more brains to run the rabbit in cold, tough conditions in a pack of aggressive hounds; & a ton of nose. A big nose & a lot of mouth are not the same thing.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

what do you think about terry mcbrides comments on field trials ? see lanelines post on page 1 under gearing down or cold trailing in just talking dogs

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I would say at that time where Terry was trailing, he must of saw a trend of judges overlooking hunt & search in hounds & only watching for the front end. He was a great judge himself from what I heard & had a lot of success with his hounds so he was very active in field trials. I agree somewhat with Laneline, but cold trailing is not a desired trait for hunters or trialers in my opinion. I love a lot of nose, but prefer the rabbit to be up & running before my hound opens.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo