Gun season gone/ pleasure running begins _NC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Gun season gone/ pleasure running begins _NC

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

Our NC gun desdon ends today. Johnny and friends shot 13-20 Fri, Sat, and today. Due to the stroke I never shot my gun. However, thanks to the BADBoy I got to hear and see some nice running. I think they shot 7 today and caught maybe 2. Well, we hunt for pleasure yeah around and have several young pups to get going, including off RCh Anne, GDFC Branko's Blue Rider, /r/ch Ace and and some hounds that are rabbit odg champions, title or not. Please pray that withGod's help, Johnny, David, Tim, and the Badboy I will get to enjoy seeing the young dogs become what they were meant to be this late Winter and early Spring. Thanks to all of you who have prayed and sent an encouraging weird to me, Bobby I will try to put some pics on here as some of the dogs start running. Tim allen also has some outstanding prospects, as well as our friend Sammy.
Imeant to thank some friends in Bertie County who hosted us and put up with me one nice hunt which included dinner. One of them Wolfie just had heart surgery. Please pray for his full recovery. He is a cass guy and good friend.

bigdogpace

Re: Gun season gone/ pleasure running begins _NC

Post by bigdogpace »

HOPE U THE BEST BOBBY BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU AND JOHNNY THAT THE LORD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND YOURS .AND YOUR RIGHT NOW WE CAN LAYBACK TRAIN PUPS AND ENJOY THE RACES .I HAD AGREAT SEASON MY KILL TOTAL WAS 1!!!!!! DID THAT FOR THE DOGS . DONT HAVE ENOUGH GAME TO KILL MANY.RATHER RUN THEM ANYWAY. GOD BLESS
BIGDOGPACE

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

Do you guys think it helps beagle to have rabbits killed with them?

thanks Barry. You are my kind of hunter. The few Johnny killed were elsewhere than home by invitation. Went several times near the house without the guns but had just as much fun. I do think it helps the kind of dogs you and we have both to have a rabbit killed in front of them. I wonder and would like to hear from some of you other guys weather you think it helps the dogs to kill rabbits in front of them or not. I do. Bobby

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

FOR SURE IT HELPS CASE IN POINT I ALMOST CULLED MY RED DOG AND THEN THEY CAUGHT A RABBIT AND IT TURNED HIM AROUND 100 PERCENT SO YES IT HELPS DOGS I BELIEVE TO KILL GAME IN FRONT OF THEM.
BIGDOGPACE

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I think it absolutely helps them, catching 1 here and there helps too I believe. We had a good year this year but I tell you I love the running a lot more than the hunting. Got 2 pups started and a nice Branko bred female pup to start so I am a ready to give the old dogs a break and put some running on the young dogs and pups.