Herculiner on kennel floor

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Baldhead99

Herculiner on kennel floor

Post by Baldhead99 »

Has anyone tried to use herculiner on a above ground kennel floor? Was thinking about building a new above ground kennel and thought about trying it.

mybeagles

Re: Herculiner on kennel floor

Post by mybeagles »

Not sure that would be any cheaper than the composite deck board which work really well.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Some guys are using rubber stall mats. You can find them at tractor supply.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Are you talking about the floor of the house or floor of the run? Sorry for my ignorance.
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

Baldhead99

Post by Baldhead99 »

On the kennel floor. I use a piece of conveyor belt on the dog boxes floor. Was just thinking of putting a small coat on the deck boards after I put them down. Just always thinking of different thing when building a new kennel.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Sounds like a really bad idea to me....Herculiner has ground up rubber in it and is very "grippy"....I prefer kennels to be clean and I can see where crap would be a bear to keep out of that texture. I still think the really heavy coated wire is the best flooring out there....pressure washer and a few minutes and all your kennels are spotless. :nod:

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Ok thanks for replying.I prefer the poop fall through my run.I have mining belt on my house floors but they seem to make them white dogs look grey :blackeye:
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

JCM

Post by JCM »

I used it on the expanded metal floor in a dog trailer and it worked great. It really helped keep the floor from rusting.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Baldhead99 wrote:Has anyone tried to use herculiner on a above ground kennel floor? Was thinking about building a new above ground kennel and thought about trying it.
Get you a heavy nap roller and you can paint the coating where ever you want it. It's especially useful on wire where the male dogs want to mark a corner or along the bottom of the wire. Females are very easy on a pen but males will destroy one in half the time with their urine.
Coating a wood floor such as treated 2"X2" spaced 1 1/4" apart will allow the wast to fall through and keep the urine from soaking in. It's easy to use the back side of a rake for any droppings that hang up. I put a door at the end opening and with the 2X2 running lengthwise it's easy to rake with them running towards you and not crosswise. If you frame with 2X6 I notch them so the 2X2 sit down flush with the cross support boards placed every 2 ft. this keeps the spacing even and easier to keep clean. After all the yrs of rusted kennel panels and wire, it's silly not to take the time to coat them with a rust inhibitor every few years. Sure worth the trouble.imo
Good luck with your kennel.

Baldhead99

Post by Baldhead99 »

Thanks for all your reply