Daimond Feed...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

cooper

Post by cooper »

Bluejack are they 50 pound bags your buying for $16 dollars at the tractor supply store? Reason asking is are tractor Supply store sell Diamond in #40 bags for $17 dollars, up here and I can go to the local feed store and buy #50 bags yellow/maroon for $14 and the green bag is $16. It's amazing how a chain of stores can raise the price up so much and the local rinky dink feed store sells it for less. Tom Gross

bobby brewster

diamond in black bag 30/20

Post by bobby brewster »

i have feed a few bags of the 24/20 hi-energy i may mix it 50/50 with the green 26/18 . has any one feed the black bag 30/20 if so let me know how you and your hounds liked it . i have been feeding purinaone/purina proplan preformance like it will but it is to pricey

SouthernBeagles

Re: diamond in black bag 30/20

Post by SouthernBeagles »

I feed Diamond High energy Burgandy bag 24/20 in the winter. It is 50 lb bags and cost me $13.00 I feed Diamond Maintenance yellow bag the rest of the year and it is $13.50 for 50 lb bag.

WSRandy

Post by WSRandy »

Thanks Jon

Randy

Chris

Post by Chris »

Wow, that's some pretty positive feedback. :-o

I guess I'll get a couple of the green bags and try it out. We'll see how the look/do. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the input. :nod:

Happy New Year :!:
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
www.Facebook.com/milleroutdoors1
www.YouTube.com/c/MillerOutdoors1
Instagram @milleroutdoors1
Twitter @milleroutdoors

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

Cooper, it is 50# bags for roughly $16 for either bag except the puppy food...don't remember what it is. At most tractor supply stores you can buy a whole pallet of diamond feed and save a dollar per bag. I don't remember how many are on a pallet (seems like 24 to 28 bags???) but if I had very many more dogs or extra cash I would definately buy bulk. Southern beagles where you buying diamond for $13/bag. I think a buddy of mine said that is what it cost in Florida.

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

I live in North West Georgia. I get the burgandy bag for $13.00. The place I get it is the cheapest I have found it in the state. Even the feed store across the street sells it for $2.00 more a bag.
According to the dealer, when Diamond changed from 40lb to 50lb bags they didn't change the price, just the bag size. They didn't change his price so he didn't change his. The compitition across the street probably helped him make this choice too, lol. It is funny that the High energy is less expensive then the Maintenence but I am not complaining. I take a deal where I can get it. ;)
The High energy has been a good food for me. The dogs carry their weight well and have a noticable increase of energy.

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

Have not seen any # 50 bags in Texas yet. A # 40 bag of Maintenance runs about $14.00

Frank7ptbk

Post by Frank7ptbk »

Does anyone have the phone # for Diamond Dog Food? I tried to e-mail them but haven't got a response. I'd like to find someplace that sell it in the Western PA area?

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

I e-mailed them here while back and it took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me. Also I wonder why they don't have the high energy 24/20 for sporting dogs feed on their website. Hope they are not going to quit making it. My dogs seem to do better on it that anything else I've tried. Although I haven't tried a different kind in the Diamond brand yet.

WSRandy

Post by WSRandy »

1-800-442-0402

Post by Guest »

Thanks WSRandy.
[/u]

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

All this talk about Diamond feed, sold me on the stuff. I went and bought a bag two days ago. We'll see how well it does. I have noticed that the dogs love it.
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff