Rocket Circles a Rabbit

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Househounds

Rocket Circles a Rabbit

Post by Househounds »

hubertsoutlaw

Re: Rocket Circles a Rabbit

Post by hubertsoutlaw »

Sire and dam please on the rocket
Huberts Kennel
Former owner of FC Huberts Tori
Hubert Rockem Hard Lucy Lou, FC Huberts Riddle Run Mach One Mili, FC Huberts blazing Blue Angel, Hubert's Rockem Hard Viper

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Good luck with that. I ask that question when I heard his mouth on an earlier clip. I got a number that have that same mouth. Buckeye had that bawl and Taz had that gravely bawl that sounded like he had a cross of Louie Armstrong in his pedigree. Taz stamped many of his pups with that mouth. Taz's son Kracker was up that way and Kracker's mama was double Buckeye bred through Casey and Buckshot and Taz was an own grandson of Buckeye, all three of these were my grandsons of "Ole Stupe" Pennyroyal Patch Casey. The bitch side was also Ole Stupe top and bottom through his sons Hot Patch Hard Rock & Pine Patch Stupe.
I've got a grandson out of Miller's Allispatch that is a niece to Taz that I'll cross him back to his cousins, Taz's daughters. I've always heard Allis was a pretty good hound so hopefully this will keep the fire burning cementing alot of Darrel's breeding with mine from "Ole Stupe.
Let me know if you solve the mystery, this seems like a pretty nice hound and hopefully he will smooth out and give more mouth as he matures and gains confidence. I remember Darrel said he use to take Buckeye up north of where he lived and run him solo on hare through a great valley where he could listen to him go. Sadly, this is where Buckeye met his demise crossing a gravel road.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

hubertsoutlaw,
Steve is a good guy and doesn't get on here often.
I'm sure he'll respond if he see's this.

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

I saw your other post and answered there also. Rockets Sire is Ruger out of Peal and Kracker. And you know Kracker is out of Taz and Lucy Lou.

Mystery solved. :)

Dam is Franks Pearl.

Sorry I thought both of these were from SR. I hope I got everyone's questions covered. If not post again or PM me.

thanks
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

jpratt

Post by jpratt »

I have a male out of Kracker and Hannahjane that also sounds like that.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I believe that Sam's dog "Allis" made Rabbit Champion before she had to be put down

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

This is true. She placed in every trial I put her in except for one which was the pa state hunt. She was a special hound that taught me a lot of lessons.

Sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I have 2 young dogs one male and one female with Allis as their grand dam. The female is 6 months and the males is 3 months. I have high hopes for both of them.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

How old was she when she was put down and for what reason?

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Sam would know the age but I believe he told me that he had to put her down because of an infection in her jaw from a previous injury.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I had bought Tessie a bitch of that cross when I got Taz . She had receding gums and would get infections, antibiotic would clear it up and then another tooth would fall out. I put her down as it seemed she was destined to be toothless.
I got rid of light feeders also as they had to be kenneled separately or starve. Lots of things to select for or breed away from. Moving slowly and finding out all you can from honest people who willing to tell the good and the bad.
Sam is an honest guy, he will steer you straight.