Wolf Encounter

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Budd

Wolf Encounter

Post by Budd »

Buddy Keith rolled up about 10 and we never wasted time cutting dogs loose. Dogs ran well together then a hour into it I happened to look up to see a wolf come across in front of the dogs, then a second walked out, stopped and listened to dogs before walking off, then hare came out on their tracks followed by hounds that stuck with the hare. Walked down and seen were wolves walked across to check out dogs, then walked back across after hearing dogs come their way.....NOT GOOD!!! Reading tracks they definitely were coming in to check the dogs out!!! Not sure why we never had cameras out..would have been interesting footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TImX6EE ... e=youtu.be

main event`s beagles

Re: Wolf Encounter

Post by main event`s beagles »

nice pack of dogs. I would love to be able to run hare :nod:
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

warddog

Post by warddog »

Are you folks running in wolf country always packin heat an I ain't talkin dogs either as that is obvious.

Budd

Post by Budd »

I pack but it could happen 20 feet from you up here and there would be nothing you could do. Would only take seconds.

rbinford1

Post by rbinford1 »

Nice .....