Accomplishment over Style

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WELLS WOODS

Re: Accomplishment over Style

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I'm not talking about cold trailing some or tough conditions, I'm talking about popping their mouth through the check without being on the line & I said continually doing it for it to be a serious fault. Some of you guys don't read my post close enough to understand it clearly or pick out parts out of context that you think you can disagree with.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

A slightly faulty hounds shall be preferred over the stylist that fails.

Fails = loses the rabbit.

You can't just count all the checks in your book and hound out ribbons, you have lo look at faults and accuracy in trialing.

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

Wells Woods you are correct. This is the biggest issue in the Mid West right now. In the rule book it's called "Babbling" I have bitched about it for 5 years now but people keep breeding and running hounds that have this fault. Again look it up in the rule book folks it's called "Babbling," and disrupts the smooth running of the pack therefore this hound should be eliminated from the pack.

Hare chaser sorry but I disagree with you.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Ridge View wrote:Wells Woods you are correct. This is the biggest issue in the Mid West right now. In the rule book it's called "Babbling" I have bitched about it for 5 years now but people keep breeding and running hounds that have this fault. Again look it up in the rule book folks it's called "Babbling," and disrupts the smooth running of the pack therefore this hound should be eliminated from the pack.

I have seen hounds running through/past the check continuing to tongue pulling the pack or blowing out of a check tonguing in the wrong direction pulling the pack out of the check area.
Most judges are seeing this as well and placing hounds that do not do this and have the ability to go back and find the check and take it in the right direction again.
I'll admit, sometimes it takes longer than I prefer for those hounds to be picked up, but the judges are just making sure before they have a hound eliminated.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Ridge View wrote:Wells Woods you are correct. This is the biggest issue in the Mid West right now. In the rule book it's called "Babbling" I have bitched about it for 5 years now but people keep breeding and running hounds that have this fault. Again look it up in the rule book folks it's called "Babbling," and disrupts the smooth running of the pack therefore this hound should be eliminated from the pack.

No issue here on my part Ridge View. As I have stated numerous times, I have the utmost respect for those dogs that are trialed and place or win with consistency. From the little I know of trailing it takes a tough dog, both mentally and physically to place consistently. My apologies Mr. Wells if I offended you with my comments. It was not my intention.

sparky

Post by sparky »

KanesIrish wrote:You can't just count all the checks in your score book and hand out ribbons, you have to look at faults and accuracy in trialing.
:thumbsup:
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

No offense Hare Chaser; keep 'em running.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo