Looking for some dogs to run for pleasure ,

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

Looking for some dogs to run for pleasure ,

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Looking to build a running pack for pleasure,just for myself.

I am looking, to put a pack of about -5- hounds together. -3- males and -2- females,,

15- inches but not 15 1/2 or 16,

Prefer Blue tic ,black and tan ,basically any color with ,,the least posable white on them,,no ,lemons,no reds,maybe a tri color ,with not much white..

Must have, a thick ,Black Pad.

Must handle,, with out a lead rope ,,just a whistle.load and unload by its self.

Must be able ,and willing, to hunt 10 to 11 hrs a day at least 6- days a week from now til after may 2017,a snake bite ,or broke leg should not keep a hound out of a race all day.

Mostly run ,on these old abandoned coal mines, thick briars, sharp rocks.,hounds need heavy hair, thick hide,and be able to run with a minimum amount of water.

No babbling dogs, a dog should not open until the Rabbit is gone.

No off game.none.

They,,absolutely must,Run the rabbit with the intention ,of catching ,and eating it.,,but bring it to me ,if ,I shoot it before it catches it.

Have a hood loud mouth used right,, prefer ,a loud squalling chop.

Each hound ,must be able to circle, the rabbit much faster ,solo ,than in the pack ,since Every one knows, a good hound ,can run faster, with out other hounds messing up the track etc.a Check should never last over 30 seconds.

These dogs must have show dog conformation to win on the bench at the hunts.

I know ,there are a lot ,of these, dogs out there,,and,, I Don't expect them to be cheap.

Might pay as high as,
250.00 for the Males
And 200.00 for the females,,,will try them here.

Please no hounds younger than 2- years old and none over 4- years old.

Thanks
Looking forward ,to getting started ,buying me up a ,decent pack ,to get started with.

I might take o e more female if it were really good.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Re: Looking for some dogs to run for pleasure ,

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Good luck with that. lol
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Man how many phone calls have I had like that want the world but have no money or buy a just started pup and take it home and can't understand why there seasoned dogs show the pup up or make it look stupid. This is the exact reason I hate selling a dog anymore all the garbage that goes with it,

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I wouldn't sell my worst dog that cheap! Puppies are going for $150.00 to $300.00. You want someone to put all that time and work into training and running, for the same price as a puppy? Good luck!! I think you need to add a zero to that number!

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

top notch kennels

Post by top notch kennels »

agreed

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Call me , I'm real close to where U live and I've got a kennel full of just what your needing .
865- 986-0002
rv
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

I much more figured you for, a hound that stands at your feet waiting for another hound to jump one. A hound that in the check stands around whipping it's head around waiting for another hound to get it going again. A hound that avoids the thick stuff and goes to other end hoping to grab the line and look like a Champion blowing thru. Doesn't want to work hard for what it wants, just hangs out all day waiting for another to do all the work and collect it's entitlements, food, water and bed. Ya know, Hillary hounds.

I got what ya want, but 3 females 2 males, $15,000 cash or $20,000 in food stamps. When they open the females have a chop mouth that sounds like Cruz Cruz Cruz and the males have a deeper bawl, comes out Trump Trump Trump. PM for more info.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

likeemfast wrote:I much more figured you for, a hound that stands at your feet waiting for another hound to jump one. A hound that in the check stands around whipping it's head around waiting for another hound to get it going again. A hound that avoids the thick stuff and goes to other end hoping to grab the line and look like a Champion blowing thru. Doesn't want to work hard for what it wants, just hangs out all day waiting for another to do all the work and collect it's entitlements, food, water and bed. Ya know, Hillary hounds.

I got what ya want, but 3 females 2 males, $15,000 cash or $20,000 in food stamps. When they open the females have a chop mouth that sounds like Cruz Cruz Cruz and the males have a deeper bawl, comes out Trump Trump Trump. PM for more info.

Omg...that's so darn funny!!!

You win the internet...congrats.
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Lmao
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Better tell him up front that you are not paying for disposing of any unwanted litters, dog food, or the kennels needed to house these dogs.

Rufus, I know where you can get a couple dogs named Alinsky's Takin' What You Got and Obama's Eight Years Wasted that you would love. They are both males and often are seen showing physical affection to one another. Neither do any work for themselves, but they are excellent at benefitting from the work of other hounds. They are not AKC registered because that would be discriminatory and unfair to hounds that weren't born to entitled dogs. I think that they would fit you to a "T".

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Oh yeah! They aren't allowed to get in front of the pack so they just fall back with the slowest hound and that keeps them all happy except when they come to a loss. Then they just sit around and look at each other wondering who is going to look for it.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

you guys may agree to disagree with Ruffs on politics , but as a houndsman we can all learn something about a rabbit dog from him . Back in the day a Pine Mountain dog was hard to beat . I don't see much difference in his opions of his party than those that stand on the Republican side , JMO . I'm neither , I vote for what I feel is the lesser of the eveils. Their all full of $hit.
Just saying
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Think its about time for me to Drink my Morning Coffee !!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Newt

Post by Newt »

LR Patch wrote:you guys may agree to disagree with Ruffs on politics , but as a houndsman we can all learn something about a rabbit dog from him . Back in the day a Pine Mountain dog was hard to beat . I don't see much difference in his opions of his party than those that stand on the Republican side , JMO . I'm neither , I vote for what I feel is the lesser of the eveils. Their all full of $hit.
Just saying
Judging from his posts, if he once was a great breeder of beagles, he's decided its easier to let some else do the heavy lifting. He just sits on the porch waiting for some one else to do the work. :)

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Im pretty sure pt mountain is trying to make a point with his post