Rising Sun Red dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

miner49er

Rising Sun Red dogs

Post by miner49er »

Does anyone have this line of dogs anymore?
You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything

reddog1

Re: Rising Sun Red dogs

Post by reddog1 »

Years ago I bred one of my females to Rising Sun's Red Rocket with great results. I kept one female that turned out to be a really nice hound. Unfortunately a gentleman from Detroit offered me more money for her than I could say no to.
The guy who owned Rocket was named Paul (can't remember his last name) but he lived in Middleton Ohio.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

reddog

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

After looking in some of my old files, Paul Webb was the owner of the Rising Sun Kennel but I have not heard of these hounds in quite some time.

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

49er pm sent

Baldhead99

Post by Baldhead99 »

Sent you a pm.

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

About 7 or 8 years ago We bred Indian Hills Bobby Megee to Rising Sun Miss Ceyenne ( beautiful red female that was a Red Rocket grand pup). It was by far the best cross we ever made on the Indian Hills dogs we were running back then. That litter produced LP RCH Bobby's Anne. She was the best dog we ever owned, always led the pack, was the first to strike and jump and a check dog phenom. We still have her sister that runs well and is being held for brood. 2 Anne pups are ahead of all this years class. We have run a few other Rising Sun dogs and were not disappointed. ROWCO(BOBBY/JOHNNY)

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

i hear Paul Webb is alive and doing well.
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

miner49er

Post by miner49er »

Thanks guys for the help, the number I have for Paul has been disconnected. Does anyone have any contact numbers for him?
You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

send me your number and i will give it to him
Paul Moore
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Glad to hear Paul is still up and ticking. As solid a houndsman I ever met. My kennel when I had it was solid Rising Sun. Sorry I fell out of touch with him when life got in the way, as it so often does. If you hear from him say hello from NYHillbilly. After all, he is the one that came up with that name. :D Let him know I send my best regards from Alaska!

Peace
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

i relayed all the messages.
Paul Moore