FC Maravic's Mr. Stub's Timberjack

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Schag

FC Maravic's Mr. Stub's Timberjack

Post by Schag »

I want to hear from people who had direct pups off of Timber or saw him run. I raised two litters by him. A couple males I liked, but couldn't handle hot weather. I parted with them. The sister I still have and would die before quitting. I think Dolly may be the last "pup" out of him. She is 10 now soon to be 11! Wow! I liked everything about her as a rabbit dog. I saw and videoed Timberjack and liked what I saw that day. What a beautiful mouth!! I have his blood running through my kennel. Tell me what you have had out of Timberjack? Thank-you!

Jason Schag
Last edited by Schag on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: FC Maravic's Mr. Stubb's Timberjack

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Check with Mark Trudell in up-state N.Y. if you can. I'm sure Mark could fill you in on Timberjack.Wouldn't be surprised if Mark had run/gun hunted with him.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

Jason has been to my house running before with him Dana. I refrained from commenting as he knows what I thought of the old boy. Unfortunately, he was not bred very much at all, like maybe 10-15 times. He produced some outstanding pups. He was, and still is, one of my favorites of all time. There won't be a lot of comments on him as he didn't get a lot of exposure, you know pre-facebook days!! Plus, when Stub had him he didn't feel like promoting him, he didn't care if people bred to him or not. I had him for half his life and didn't promote him much either. too bad, he had a lot to offer.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

What was he out of? One of Blue Ninja's sisters, Missy maybe?
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Nevermind. Researched his pedigree. His sire, Yukon Jack was by Lumberjack & FC Maravic's Missy ( Ninja's sister) & his dam was FC Maravic's Blue Jean ( littermate to Blue Barry). Nice breeding. How did that Trails litter turn out you raised a while back Schag? I've seen a few more Trails' offspring placing in trials here lately. Really nice big bitch running in the Mid-West right now I hear. Good looking hound too judging by her pictures in the magazine. Later, Greg
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

Schag

Post by Schag »

Mark, he was a good one and I thank you again for allowing me to come up to video him.
Greg, the litter you are referring to was Dolly x Trails. They turned out to be average gun dogs. I kept two and parted with both. They didn't have what I need. That cross didn't match up for whatever reason.

Schag

Re: FC Maravic's Mr. Stub's Timberjack

Post by Schag »

Anyone else care to comment or have/had a hound out of him? Thanks.

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

I may be wrong on the full name but mr Stubbs maple hill chief finished in the southern large pack I judged him a few time nice jound

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

Chief was off Timber's second litter. Big, fast male. Joe Truxillo bought him from Stub after he won the Futurity in 2001 and finished him pretty quick. Stub did that cross 3 times I think and 3 finished IIRC.

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

I knew Joe bought him from stub but can't spell that last name lol. I think Joe sold him to Louis Jordan not sure been a long time. Chief had the speed that I like hard to find that around here now

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

mark T pm me I have a bitch u bred wanted some info on her thanks

JSmith

Post by JSmith »

My old man is one of your pups. He still goes with me on every hunt.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Could you describe him? Good and bad...

Thank-you, sir.

(He was out of Timberjack x Zena correct?) ***EDIT Ok, I see it now.

Please describe him if you could. Thanks...

JSmith

Post by JSmith »

Hunt and desire is exceptional. Doesn't know what the word "quit" is. He use to be pretty fast. Still not bad for his age. Not afraid of the brush. Scared up ears to prove that. Would like to see a better nose. Can struggle on frozen days. He will get a rabbit up but could be better on the jump. Had a few litters on him. He definitely passes on the desire to hunt. Hardly any work at all to get his pups started. I don't think he was trialed when he was younger. Wish he would of been to see where he stood.

*** happen to have any pics of them as pups?

Schag

Post by Schag »

I do, but photobucket is acting up for some reason. I'll post when I can. Thanks for the honest answer.