Pride 30/20 dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mybeagles

Re: Pride 30/20 dog food

Post by mybeagles »

Raccoons and bears are both classified in the order Carnivora but are both omnivore. Fox are omnivores as well.

More concerned about dogs....not really sure this is going anywhere...I'm out.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

warddog

Re: Pride 30/20 dog food

Post by warddog »

U R correct they are scientifically classified as Carnivores as are dogs but if they are omnivores then evidently dogs are too. U R also correct in that this is going no where as I do NOT agree with you on high protein feeds not causing damage to internal organs. What one has to know is what is considered high protein and IMO if AAFCO has set a standard, the ONLY standard by the way, saying that what is needed to sustain a dog's health from GROWTH (puppy stage), through reproduction and adult maintenance is a food with a protein level of between 18-22% and a fat level of between 5-8% which is pretty much what those feeding raw are feeding then anything well above and beyond that is unnecessary. As like everything else anything in excess can and does cause harm to a body. I appreciate the discussion.