Victor Dog Food?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Oak Hollar Kennels

Victor Dog Food?

Post by Oak Hollar Kennels »

Anyone feed Victor? if you do how do your dogs perform on it? what bag of victor are you feeding? and what are you paying for it there is a dealer near me that is selling it for $32 for a 40 pound bag is this a good price?

hard on a check

Re: Victor Dog Food?

Post by hard on a check »

I've fed it all over the years,Victor works best for me..$32 a bag sounds about right.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

I have been feeding it to house dog for several years it solved digestive issues she was having (a boxer). I started giving it to the rest. Of dogs this year and i am very happy. I had one dog i could not get weight on and was giving nearly four cups a day of 24/20 sportmix ( rest of dogs did very well on sprtmix). After seeing results i switched everyone and all doing great, i am also feeding less. Victor does not use any corn and it has no gluten.
24/20 $34.50. 30/20 $38, 26/18 w/glucosomine is $38 all are 40#
Very happy

top notch kennels

Post by top notch kennels »

what color bag you guys reccomend they have many options

fastone

Post by fastone »

red
Rabbit Ridge Kennels,home of
RABBIT RIDGE Penny
RABBIT RIDGE Zoey
King Ralph's Dolly

We feed and recommend VICTOR feed.
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

steve w

Post by steve w »

I feed purple, 26/18 @ 28.75 per 40 lb bag. Best food I have fed to all my dogs. I will feed the teal to pups 30/20 I believe. Just pick your amount of protein you need and you should be fine, it's all good food.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Been using the red bag 24/20 bout 3 yrs now. $32.00 40 lb bag . Dogs like it , hold up nice very little clean up. Feed between 3/4 to 1 cup most times & increase alittle in winter or run'n a lot.
I want say it's the best feed , but it's the best I've fed for the money and all my hounds have done well on it . Others I tried their was always 1 or 2 that didn't ?? Even the pups seem to do really good as well .
Last edited by LR Patch on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

deacon12

Post by deacon12 »

I feed the yellow bag which is the only one that comes in (50 lbs) bags. My hounds got a compliment when my all my Akc kennel inspections was done. The inspector said he had visited another kennel and saw the same thing how the dogs were so healthy even my (10) yr stud. The inspector went to my feed store and purchased some for his German Shepherds.Best results i even gotten. :D
Home of Ifc Wardy's Grass River Charlie
Home of LP GR CH Tucker's PT Gunner(Primetime Son)
Fwr Branko's Hat Trick
(http://www.givshighcaliberbeagles.com)

Topfuel John

Post by Topfuel John »

I feed purple 26/18 most of the time with good results, I feed yellow bag in summer to older hounds, it's the best Matience blend I've ever tried, going to try the red this winter, overall very pleased with Victor!

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

I was a big believer In pro plan performance until a buddy of mine convinced me to try Victor......IT's awesome and 32 is a good price I pay 36 for the red bag I think its high energy. they have a very helpful website where you can read about the ingredients of each food. I buy it online and It comes with free 2 day shipping if you get 2 or more bags at a time.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

pabstman

Post by pabstman »

Where can i fi d this feed for around 32-38$ a bag? Thanks.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Every bag in my area jumped to a 4-7 dollar increase. I noticed that they have a new fanicer bag now that makes the bag pop. I'm guessing the increase in price has something to do with the bag.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

My son worked for a feed store that i still buy my Victor from. His supplier raised the prices about a month ago his prices just jumped approx. $2 a bag, 24/20 is now 36.50 he showed me his cost not that much of a mark up.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

tom summers wrote:My son worked for a feed store that i still buy my Victor from. His supplier raised the prices about a month ago his prices just jumped approx. $2 a bag, 24/20 is now 36.50 he showed me his cost not that much of a mark up.
The torqories bag was 35.37 and now it is $41 something

Blue bag which is the maintenance food is now 35 but was at times it was $29
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.